- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of regulatory reporting best practices and a specialized understanding with the corporate process standards established globally.
- Develops data gathering processes and procedures, supporting analytics, and reporting controls.
- Recognized throughout the organization as the external reporting point of contact for a particular business/business partner areas.
- Gathers and reports accurate and timely financial information for the entire spectrum of the reporting process to external Regulators ensuring accuracy and correctness and transforms data where needed.
- In partnership with management, establishes the regulatory reporting strategy for the business/business partner area and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Leverages complex regulatory reporting techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Designs, builds and drives implementation activities to develop a common end-state reporting process in support of their direct manager and the global process owners.
- Sustains the integrity of the reporting process and addresses highly-complex external reporting matters associated with the process.
- Uses existing strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Liaises with internal and external regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
- Coordinates the delivery of process documentation, training content, and will advocate for continuous improvement of work processes.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role.
- No direct reports. Oversees, advises and guides less experienced External Reporting roles and may direct their work. Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the external reporting management needs of a particular business/business partner area. However, tasks often produce cross-regional impacts. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- B.A./B.S. with Accounting concentration or equivalent experience is preferred;
- C.P.A. preferred and knowledge of GAAP is preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in regulatory reporting is preferred.
- Experience in external reporting and/or internal audit preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Capital Rules (Basel III) and bank financial products is also preferred. Working knowledge of SQL and/or other languages such as Python preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85077
Requisition Number: 1915947