TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This role will have great visibility contributing to the overall Cost Transparency and Bill of Service Programs to help businesses understand technology costs and allocations. The candidate will focus on streamlining and improving business processes including demand and volume forecasting, asset life-cycle management and providing business requirements into functional specifications for better processes and/or reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
Working with various teams to document current demand/capacity/volume forecasting processes and implement processes to capture work efforts for budget planning and product costing. May involve looking at vendor tool or building internal tools to capture data set.
Analyzing Greenfield /cloud data around current footprint and future migrations to help feed into forecasting or volume projections.
Improving on various business processes and integrating with strategic initiatives.
Understanding how IT Asset Management system is capturing volume info and providing requirements to aid future charge back processes.
Assist with Software cost management and charge back and help implement a process that can be leveraged for fair & accurate allocations.
Preparing presentation contents for senior management review.
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight and ten (8-10) years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, desire to succeed.
- Has BA experience to provide tech or business requirements in building reporting or other technical functionality.
- Knowledge of volume forecasting, demand planning, and asset lifecycle management.
- Strong excel skills to do pivot tables and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Suite and analytical tools.
- Independent and self-driven but comfortable working in team environment.
- Knowledge of Technology Finance, cost allocations, service catalog and chargeback model is preferred.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and pulling together presentation or exec decks is preferred.
- Work with a sense of urgency and is able to deliver and execute tasks is preferred.
- Organized and good project management skills to ensure timely deliverables is preferred.
- Self-starter, motivated and good communication skills is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1916135