Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of Sept. 30, 2019, BNY Mellon had $35.8 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.BNY Mellon Marketing
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing. Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition, and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class marketing organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Marketing and Corporate Strategy both report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.Role description and opportunities
BNY Mellon is seeking a passionate and experienced events marketing leader with proven success in creating, managing and executing events, sponsorships and integrated event marketing programs, while enhancing brand positioning and driving client acquisition, retention and development. This events professional is responsible for overseeing the global events function for BNY Mellon’s asset servicing line of business and managing a diverse team of seasoned event professionals.
A senior member of the Events Center of Expertise, this forward-thinking, strategic leader will develop and execute event strategies that drive the BNY Mellon brand and support key strategic initiatives and business priorities across the globe. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the financial services industry across multiple client segments and expertise in planning and delivering innovative client experiences that raise brand visibility, cultivate relationships and generate revenue growth. This role will provide best-in-class deliverables and results through all stages of the event lifecycle.Key responsibilities include the following
- Oversee the firm’s event management function for our Asset Servicing line of business.
- Manage a global team of event professionals including coaching, talent development, performance management and resource allocation.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute integrated event marketing plans across multiple client segments and mediums that include program objectives and measurable ROI.
- Engage in strategic event planning with key internal stakeholders, including C-level executives, ensuring benchmarks and goals are being met, proactively reporting results and opportunities.
- Structure program content and develop agendas, oversee planning teams, create and manage event marketing and communications
- Continually explore new event and sponsorship opportunities to stay relevant in the marketplace and drive innovation.
- Manage a diverse variety of our most complex business events (both proprietary and third-party), elements of which include agenda development, vendor management, risk management, contract negotiation, expense management, food and beverage management, audio visual management, budget reconciliation, event analysis and measurement.
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Proactive self-starter, highly-detail oriented and ability to improve and raise the bar on our events
- Events subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of event marketing and sponsorship strategies, and a deep understanding of event management best practices
- Proven success managing a globally diverse, results-driven team
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and experience delivering events across multiple client segments
- Experience developing and delivering virtual event strategy
- Demonstrable leadership, strategic and creative thinking skills, effective decision making skills
- Expertise with Cvent and Crowd Compass event technologies
- Superior verbal, presentation and written communications skills required, proficiency in PowerPoint
- Strong collaboration skills; team-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Ability to rapidly pivot from one project to the next, work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to travel or work off hours/weekends as needed.
- 12+ year proven track record event management in financial services preferred
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification preferred
This role will be based in New York.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85425
Organization: Corporate Marketing-HR08384
Requisition Number: 1916207