Overview Of BNY Mellon:
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
This Lawyer will be part of the team within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department that is primary legal advisor to the global functional areas of Technology, Digital, Resiliency, Marketing and Corporate Communications and is composed of SMEs on the substantive areas of intellectual property, cybersecurity, privacy and marketing law.
• Providing legal advice to global stakeholders on regional and enterprise-wide technology initiatives, which may include infrastructure and cloud strategy, product development and enhancements, licensing of IP, privacy and use of new technologies (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Digital Assets).
• Providing legal advice on initiatives led by BNY Mellon’s Innovation Centres.
• Providing legal advice on developments in privacy, cybersecurity and information security laws.
• Providing legal advice on technology, privacy and cybersecurity related regulatory examinations and inquiries.
• Supporting incident response processes and advising on internal and external communications.
• Drafting and negotiating IP and information security provisions in client facing agreements.
• Participating in EMEA industry associations’ activities relating to privacy, cybersecurity and technology.
• Creating client and legal department training materials.
• 5+ years’ PQE experience
• In-house experience, ideally in financial services (preferred).
• Strong working knowledge of IP, privacy, cybersecurity and outsourcing laws.
• Experience with supporting global projects desirable.
• Work experience outside the UK desirable.
• Must be articulate, organised, able to work in a collaborative manner and comfortable managing multiple matters at the same time involving different legal issues. An appetite for learning is also critical.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1916220