Job Title: Office of Regulatory Relations Process Manager
Department: Office of Regulatory Relations
Reports to: EU Head of Office of Regulatory Relations
Typical Hours/Shifts: Normal/Scope for some flexibility
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services to institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
This role is within the Office of Regulatory Relations (ORR). BNY Mellon’s ORR provides centralized management of BNY Mellon’s relationship with global regulators. The primary functions of the group include, but are not limited to: developing and managing protocols and processes for engaging regulators; acting as a central clearinghouse for regulatory requests; exam management; assisting regulators to navigate and understand BNY Mellon; and supporting the monitoring and tracking of regulator interactions, including imbedding lessons learned processes. The ORR also plays a critical to ensure that BNY Mellon delivers a consistent and connected enterprise wide message to the Regulators. The group is also responsible for facilitating the development and enhancement of long-term relationships with key regulators. The team also plays a vital function involving regular briefings with BNY Mellon senior executives on the regulatory agenda.
The position of ORR Process Manager provides dedicated support to the UK Head of ORR in the overall management of the regulatory relationships and interaction related to EU Legal Entities and businesses (including the NBB, ECB and CBI, as well as regulators of branches and rep offices of the EU entities). The role will support the management of the wider global regulatory relationships, particularly around the enterprise wide strategic priority areas. The role will also support the EU Head of ORR in providing strategic counsel to regional executive management and the Company’s global senior leadership.
The ORR Process Manager will also be responsible to develops and manages project plans and assignment/approval matrix in support of all regulatory interaction; tracks progress and follows up with stakeholders on deliverables; serves as the scribe for all meetings; and coordinates the submission of any materials to the regulators.
The role requires significant coordination with members of the global ORR team, and particularly the EU ORR team, together with members of the EMEA Legal, Compliance and EMEA Regional Change (ERC) departments/teams.
The position involves supporting the EU Head of ORR in:
• Maintaining collaborative relationships with senior business stakeholders and Regulators to align activities to key strategic objectives and disseminate firm-level messages across teams related to the Office of Regulatory Relations;
• Understanding the respective regulators, and acts as a single point of contact for questions, concerns and feedback;
• Navigating BNY Mellon on behalf of the regulators, guiding them to applicable sources of expertise as required;
• Understanding the implication of regulatory messages and helps interpret them back to the business;
• Driving consistent, integrated, organized and standardised approach to regulatory interactions;
• Supports internal stakeholders seeing and treating our regulators as preferred clients;
• Develops and maintains the engagement strategy for executive leadership with respective regulators including providing advice to senior management on status of relationships and required areas of focus/investment;
• Owns the mapping of organization contacts to regulatory counterparts;
• Overseeing the implementation and ongoing management of protocols and processes for engaging regulators, including, regulatory meetings, information requests, on-site inspections/exams;
• Overseeing the timeliness and quality of responses to regulatory interactions – ensures that information delivered to the regulators is clear, consistent, contextual and connected;
• Takes end-to-end ownership of exam process, including: ensuring appropriate sponsorship, resourcing and preparedness for exams; coordinating and tracking our response and all materials across the company; Handling preparatory review and challenge for BNYM teams ahead of the regulators; and providing immediate feedback and adjusts approach during exams as necessary;
• Collaborating with global ORR teams on enterprise wide strategic priority areas to ensure a consistent and connected enterprise wide message;
• Development and execution of plans to build out and maintain effective long-term relationships with key regulators, including establishing plans for relationship succession;
• Development of processes to perform and refresh training needs assessments for respective regulators to help them navigate and understand BNY Mellon;
• Develops training on BNYM for regulators and training on effective regulatory interaction for our employees;
• Promotes information sharing at all levels of BNYM; helps to avoid contradictory or uniformed responses from management;
• Establishing and overseeing the monitoring and tracking of regulator interactions, including imbedding lessons learned processes;
• Briefing BNY Mellon senior executives on the regulatory agenda; and
• Reporting to senior management of all matters of moderate to high legal and regulatory risk in a timely manner. Manage (identify, escalate and quickly remediate) regulator concerns;
Key relationships / stakeholders:
• Global Head of ORR
• EU Head of ORR
• Deputy Global Head of ORR
• UK Head of ORR
• EMEA Head of Compliance
• EMEA Head of Office of Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs
• Head of Public Policy and Government Affairs, EMEA
• Senior business leaders
• EMEA wide Legal, Compliance, ERC teams.
Requirements: (what we are looking for)
The successful candidate will have at least 8 years relevant work experience in roles within the financial services industry, preferably, which have involved interaction with regulators. Other required experience includes:
• Bachelor degree;
• Fluent (written & oral) in English;
• Familiarity with current legal, regulatory and market trends and initiatives impacting EMEA;
• Understanding of the financial services & banking industry and regulation; and
• Experience of frequent interactions with legal and wider business/risk/compliance colleagues;
Other technical skills that although not necessary would be preferential:
• Wider European language skills such as German/Dutch/French;
• Experience of interactions with regulators and/or industry bodies;
• Knowledge of the EU legal system and the EU legislative process;
• Existing relationships with relevant EU regulators; and
• High-level understanding of the U.K and U.S. regulatory framework for financial institutions.
The candidate should also have:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication;
• Strong influencing/ negotiation skills;
• Confident in communicating broadly and deeply;
• Strategic thinker;
• Proven organisation skills;
• Adept problem solving skills – ability to identify practical solutions;
• Flexible and adaptable working style to react to demanding workload and changing priorities;
• Self-motivation to drive delivery against objectives – ability to work autonomously;
• Customer orientation & specifically a willingness to learn and to cultivate good working relationships with internal clients;
• Ability to prioritise, management expectations, obtain stakeholder buy-in and escalate appropriately;
• Experience in balancing commercial flexibility and risk management;
• A willingness to work as part of a team and help out on all matters; and
• Genuine interest in current events and the regulatory and political environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 70055
Organization: Office of Regulatory Relations-HR17084
Requisition Number: 1916237