Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
To provide a high level of professional secretarial and administration support to departmental lawyers and company secretarial employees in the London Legal Department. This senior administrative assistant role will primarily support the Employment legal team based in 160 Queen Victoria Street (“Employment”)..
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
• To provide professional secretarial/administrative support to Employment.
• To support departmental requests made by the EMEA Legal Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”).
• To provide temporary support cover for other departmental lawyers and company secretarial staff within the London Legal Department as required, for example during vacation or other absence of their own primary administrative support, or else where time critical deliverable.
• To ensure that clients (internal and external) are dealt with efficiently and politely.
• To manage Employment outside counsel and third party invoice payment arrangements in accordance with Legal Department approved practice.
To assist in general secretarial/administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
• Diary management using Outlook.
• Setting up video/webex/conference calls.
• Booking of training, conferences and seminars.
• Travel arrangements, including production of detailed itineraries.
• Preparing and processing expenses.
• Dealing with IT and Facilities as required (procuring equipment, investigating IT issues, new starter setups etc).
• Organisation and storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
• Assisting in compiling MI reports.
• Assisting in managing internal know how resources.
To assist in legal secretarial tasks, including but not limited to:
• Creation of a wide range of documents including contracts, presentations, agreements, reports, proposals, meeting agendas and other documents, using Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Assisting with production of papers for internal and external use (printing, photocopying, binding and delivery to clients).
• Proof reading and where appropriate commenting on and/or reviewing legal letters and documents.
• Dealing with routine legal and non-legal correspondence (telephone, written, fax, email) and referring to other staff as appropriate.
• Supporting management of Employment Outside Counsel and third party supplier billing queue.
• Organising and maintaining law libraries, know-how, documents and case files.
• Maintaining training and absence records as required.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
• Previous experience in performing senior assistant role within in-house legal departments or else law firm is preferable.
• Proven administrative, secretarial, document production and PA experience, along with advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Experience of internal financial (including accounts payable) and expense management systems and following internal financial and billing processes.
• The successful candidate should be organised, efficient and capable of working to instructions with minimum supervision. In addition to these attributes they must have:
o Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks accordingly.
o Extensive diary management experience, including the ability to proactively manage diary conflicts and short notice diary changes.
o Strong project management skills, supporting effective tracking of tasks through to successful completion.
o Excellent organisational skills in order to support the effective storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
o Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems – able to solve challenging problems.
o Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
o Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
o Proven experience of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders both by telephone and face to face, including leveraging influencing skills to achieve role objectives.
o Operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a wider team of assistants both within EMEA legal and wider executive/business stakeholders.
o Proactive in building and maintaining strong working relationships that support effective completion of role.
o Seen as ‘approachable’, helpful and discreet.
o Exhibit a desire to broadly understand BNY Mellon’s employment and HR related issues and potential for interaction with the legal teams.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 76002
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1916258