Executes BNY Mellon's compensation strategy for assigned business group(s) partnering with LOB Management and HRBP’s. Leads and manages the delivery of global compensation programs, policies and processes to ensure overall external market competitiveness and internal equity while aligning with corporate and business strategy, objectives and compensation philosophy.
Develops the strategy and approach for global, large, complex projects and/or initiatives for the business group(s). A key example is the year-end pay review process which includes developing budgets and timelines and managing the process from beginning to end to ensure budgets are met as well as corporate and business specific performance and compliance/risk objectives are met. This position has ultimate accountability to ensure final accurate awards are provided to employees.
This position works closely with HRBP’s and business line managers and provides guidance, counsel and advice on all compensation matters to successfully meet business objectives while applying an understanding of the broader corporate needs and interests in aligning strategy for the assigned business group(s). In addition, a critical part of this role includes financial incentive forecasting and workforce planning analysis in partnership with the business, HRBP’s and Finance.
Develops, in partnership with Finance. HRBP’s, HR Operations and compensation colleagues, recommendations to enhance and streamline compensation processes and related reporting.
QualificationsBachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred 10+ years of total work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical and legal aspects of compensation and HR preferred.
- Must have technical mastery of applications such as Excel, Access, HR systems, etc.
- Strong relationship, communications and negotiation skills
- Superior analytical acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong project and program management skills and the ability to juggle multiple key projects, adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively partner and influence throughout all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 33528
Job: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 1916461