The Sr. Specialist, Data Governance and Privacy supports the Global Chief Privacy Officer and Head of Privacy Automation in the execution of their duties globally to help ensure that all Lines of Business and Business Partners fulfill their regulatory and organizational requirements to protect personal information while enabling business and technology innovation. Additionally the Sr. Specialist will:
· Evaluate, procure, develop and implement innovative privacy technology solutions enterprise-wide. Develop application requirements to support the needs of the business, configure applications, establish entitlements and entitlement reviews, and perform testing and debugging of applications as well as complete documentation and procedures for installation, operation and maintenance.
· Interface with software vendors to drive implementation timelines, development requests and solicit assistance as needed to meet the needs of the business. Interface with the lines of business, especially Technology, to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs. Collaborate with data product development teams to create new uses of data that employ privacy features.
· Provide SME support and enable the successful delivery of enterprise-wide change initiatives (e.g. Data as a Service, Cloud, Cybersecurity initiatives, Vendor Risk Management), through privacy compliance.
· Perform regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
· Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders.
· Support and contribute to other Global Privacy Office program portfolios, as needed.
· Ensure data tools within the organization are in sync with data governance policies, communicating in the same digital language and meeting the same enterprise-level goals.
· Assists in data management within the privacy function.
· Follows governance standards as part of implementing data management projects and ensure that access to the data is authorized and controlled. Manages priorities of the impacted systems and platforms.
· Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to provide technical guidance to data management considerations.
· Consult with management and other colleagues on interpretation of data governance requirements
· No direct reports. Provide work guidance to more junior team members.
· 5 to 7 y ears of total work experience, 3+ years of experience in Privacy, Cybersecurity, Technology, or other related field preferred.
· BS degree preferred; computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence colleagues and vendors
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
· Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
· Experience or understanding of privacy software applications and tools; experience with engaging privacy tool vendors a strong plus
· General experience or understanding of technology systems development lifecycles
· IAPP certification (e.g., CIPP, CIPT) a plus
· Global privacy experience (US, Canada, LATAM, EU-GDPR) a plus
· Financial Services experience a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70118
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1916692