The Sr. Principal Data Governance – Privacy Specialist supports the Global Chief Privacy Officer and Head of Privacy Automation in the execution of their duties globally to help ensure that all Lines of Business and Business Partners fulfill their regulatory and organizational requirements to protect personal information while enabling business and technology innovation.
In addition the Privacy Specialist will:
· Provide SME leadership (at the enterprise level) for the strategic and operational implementation and maintenance of the privacy technology automation program. Leverage privacy technology experience to evaluate solutions and vendors, recommend tools, and drive successful implementation within aggressive timelines. Working closely with Technology architecture, development and project leads, drive the strategy that defines the development of new privacy products and features.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships across lines of business and corporate functions, influencing and leading stakeholders to support and deliver the privacy automation and broader data strategy.
· Communicate and present program progress and utilize leadership skills to escalate to key internal stakeholders and vendors as needed.
· Provide SME leadership to advise on and help drive data anonymization and pseudonymization systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
· Provide SME support to enable the successful delivery of enterprise-wide change initiatives (e.g. Data as a Service, Cloud, Cybersecurity initiatives, Vendor Risk Management), through privacy compliance.
· Act as key interface to privacy and data technology and analytics communities both within and outside the organization.
· Ensure data tools within the organization are in sync with data governance policies, communicating in the same digital language and meeting the same enterprise-level goals.
· Accountable for the technical architecture for data management within the privacy function.
· Follows governance standards as part of implementing data management projects and ensure that access to the data is authorized and controlled. Manages priorities of the impacted systems and platforms.
· Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to provide technical guidance to data management considerations.
· Consult with management and other colleagues on interpretation of data governance requirements.
· No direct reports. Provide work guidance to more junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of cross-functional objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics, privacy engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 10-12 years of total work experience preferred, with 3+ years’ experience in Privacy, Cybersecurity, Technology preferred.
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and changing requirements
· Excellent change management skills with ability to develop strategy, evaluate efficacy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success
· Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate strategy, proposals, and results; and negotiate options at management levels
· Self-starter, self-reliant, execution and results oriented
· Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
· Experience with privacy/data protection software applications and tools. Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
· CIPT certification preferred
· Experience preferred in architectural leadership of batch processing in financial services, articulating concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, applying service oriented architecture (SOA) principles and transitioning from legacy architectures to SOA, data modeling, including conceptual, logical, physical, warehouse and data mart models.
· Broad knowledge of information technology, software development principles, emerging technologies and project management techniques preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70116
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1916693