Responsible to the Head of Operational Risk in Liverpool in supporting the embedding of the Operational Risk Framework and assisting Operational Risk and Operational Resiliency colleagues in the coordination and monitoring of operational risk and operational resiliency activities. An excellent opportunity for exposure to operational risk management and for the candidate to develop into an Operational Risk Management professional, should they wish.
- Support colleagues in risk and control meetings and develop templates for documenting changes to risk profile, control effectiveness and control gap remedial activities. Review data and identifies potential issues for management review.
- Analyse and review business processes to ensure they align with BNY Mellon processes and procedures to protect the company from operational risk
- Assist in analysing the effectiveness of control design and operation
- Assist in the analysis of operational risk events to determine root cause, risk categorisation and opportunities to improve the control environment
- Focus on smaller and/or moderately complex operational activities and support colleagues with large and/or complex processes
- Collate and review Key Risk Indicator (KRI) data to identify trends and ensure effectiveness of business unit control framework
- Support efforts to promote a strong risk culture and educate the business in executing effective controls by providing clear documentation and answering questions
- Support the coordination and monitoring of risk activities including:
- RCSA updates and attestation
- KRI reporting
- Operational Risk Event tracking
- ISAE 3402 control assurance programme
- Review exception reports to identify risk activities requiring attention (e.g. identified gaps with no action plans)
- Track the reporting and latency of Operational Risk Events
- Administer the Risk Management Platform as required
- Assist in the compilation of scheduled and ad hoc reporting and identify areas of concern
- Assist ad hoc risk analysis projects, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 3-5 years of total work experience preferred; experience in Operations or Audit preferred.
· Operational Risk Management and/or relevant 1st Line control-focussed work experience is beneficial but not essential
· Professional verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
· Risk focused
· Detail oriented
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70366
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1916782