Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The EMEA M&A Legal practice is based in BNY Mellon’s EMEA headquarters in London and reports to the Global M&A team based in BNY Mellon’s headquarters in New York. The practice is friendly and collegiate and committed to delivering legal support of the highest quality. Although the practice focuses on EMEA, it is also involved in projects worldwide.
As part of the EMEA M&A Legal practice, the candidate will have an active role in providing legal support in respect of BNY Mellon’s M&A transactions, internal reorganisations and other strategic initiatives. The role will cover all of BNY Mellon’s businesses (Investment Management and Investment Services) and will therefore expose the candidate to the full breadth of BNY Mellon’s corporate organisation.
We are looking for a mid-level corporate transactional lawyer (4-5 years PQE) who will:
• Provide hands on legal support on BNY Mellon’s acquisitions, disposals, legal entity reorganisations and strategic initiatives, including assisting with the initial structuring of transactions, assisting the business with the preparation of term sheets and steps plans, assisting with the drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements, providing transactional legal advice, project support and direction, including by identifying potential impediments to project completion and the identification and implementation of mitigating actions, collaborating with relevant stakeholders and assisting with the coordination of other workstreams throughout the project.
• Work closely with legal colleagues in other jurisdictions (including the M&A Legal team in New York) as well as in other practice areas.
• Keep abreast of legal developments that impact M&A and corporate transactions and attaining an understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting BNY Mellon’s businesses, in particular its legal entity structure.
The candidate should:
• Have a law degree from a respected law school and be qualified as a solicitor, or foreign equivalent, with robust and extensive experience advising on corporate transactions (in particular M&A) from a recognised firm having a well recognised corporate transactional practice. It would be preferable if the candidate had experience of advising financial institutions.
• Be enthusiastic about developing a deep understanding of BNY Mellon’s organisation and its businesses and playing a role in supporting its key strategic initiatives.
• Be willing to take on early responsibility, have drive and a strong work ethic and a desire to apply his or her skill set in a commercial environment as well as to further develop as a corporate lawyer.
• Be a “self-starter”, dynamic and proactive, and willing to function independently, engage with clients and other stakeholders to solve issues and to drive transactions forward.
• Have sound business acumen, strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Be accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, performing under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Be a “team player” who deals effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
• Have the highest standards of integrity and ethics
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1916783