• Support the Global Chief Privacy Officer and Head of Privacy Automation in the execution of their duties globally to help ensure that all Lines of Business and Business Partners fulfill their regulatory and organizational requirements to protect personal information while enabling business and technology innovation.
• Evaluate, procure, develop and implement innovative privacy technology solutions enterprise-wide. Develop application requirements to support the needs of the business, configure applications, establish entitlements and entitlement reviews, and perform testing and debugging of applications as well as complete documentation and procedures for installation, operation and maintenance.
• Interface with software vendors to drive implementation timelines, development requests and solicit assistance as needed to meet the needs of the business. Interface with the lines of business, especially Technology, to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs. Collaborate with data product development teams to create new uses of data that employ privacy features.
• Provide SME support and enable the successful delivery of enterprise-wide change initiatives (e.g. Data as a Service, Cloud, Cybersecurity initiatives, Vendor Risk Management), through privacy compliance.
• Perform regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
• Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders.
• Support and contribute to other Global Privacy Office program portfolios, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years experience in Privacy, Cybersecurity, Technology, or other related field preferred
• BS or MS degree preferred; computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or directly related field of study
• Financial Services industry experience a plus
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and changing requirements
• Excellent change management skills with ability to develop strategy, evaluate efficacy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate strategy, proposals, and results; and negotiate options at management levels
• Self-starter, self-reliant, execution and results oriented
• Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
• Experience with privacy/data protection software applications and tools. Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
• CIPT certification preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70117
Organization: Digital Data Strategy-HR18008
Requisition Number: 1916805