Data Quality analysis is one of the core capabilities of the Finance CDO team. This staff position is expected to work with large dataset and support the organization to improve the six data quality dimensions through the following activities:
· Clearly define data requirements in the business context. This includes data sourcing requirements and data quality business rules.
· Collaborate with domain SMEs (Data Champions) to understand data consumptions and data usability
· Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing business requirements
· Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements (collaborate with PMO)
· Perform root cause analysis for data quality errors, research and determine scope and complexity of issues and identify the steps for remediation
· Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
· Coordinate remediation with relevant teams (Sources, Technology, Business, Finance, etc.)
· Determine business impact level for the data quality issues
· Quantify materiality for proper escalations
· Customize and enhance data quality dashboard based on stakeholder requests
· Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
· Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
· Measuring and reporting to management on the progress of data quality improvement
· Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time data issues
· Identify areas of business process improvement and make recommendations for long-term solutions
The staff member will be expected to cultivate relationships with staff or contractors in: Technology, Data Strategy, Data Operations, Finance and Corporate Treasury to ensure efficient identification, collection, and use of data along with the management of the associated data governance processes.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Degree in math, engineering, statistics, computational finance or economics preferred.
Work toward or completion of MBA, CFA, or CPA/CA preferred.
7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
Experience with finance data set and process: Balance Sheet, P&L, Consolidations, Client Product Profitability, liquidity analytics and reporting, interest rate risk management, asset-liability management, regulatory reporting, is strongly preferred.
Knowledge of the structuring of data environments and applications that use big data processes is a preferred.
Some experience with Business Intelligence data management and visualization applications specific to Hadoop big data and the ability to use SQL/Hive and other computer languages used in big data for analysis and structuring is preferred.
Competency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
Experience with issue management systems
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70117
Requisition Number: 1916815