Risk & Compliance, Strategy Program Manager
BNY Mellon is seeking a Strategy Program Manager to join the Risk & Compliance Strategy team. The team reports into the BNY Mellon Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of the company and works closely with the leadership team to lead the organization’s strategic priorities. These include setting the strategic vision for Risk & Compliance in alignment with the broader BNY Mellon strategy, driving high priority global programs on behalf of the CRO, and leading risk culture and employee engagement initiatives. The team will lead an inter-disciplinary portfolio of risk management and compliance programs that focus on organization design, processes, controls, and risk culture. The team provides exceptional developmental opportunities for high potential candidates who have a consulting mindset and can execute effectively.
- Lead key strategic initiatives in the planning, analysis, implementation, integration and measurement of business development projects for line of business. Provide recommendations to strategic direction for line of business. Partner with the leadership team to develop the implementation programs to execute the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Scope, define and implement key change programs and projects in partnership with the leadership team and their staff.
- Provide solutions/recommendations for complex business initiatives for line of business, where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Partner with business line managers to design short, medium and long-term operational improvements. Develop and ensure the execution of the operational/business strategy to improve processes, productivity and efficiency, and to reduce costs for business area.
- Build programs around change management principles to ensure that change objectives are understood and successfully implemented into business-as-usual activities.
- Drive implementation of short-term and long-term control initiatives that respond to business needs and regulatory requirements, including gap analysis, process assessments, roles and responsibilities and oversight frameworks.
- Utilize a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of multiple areas across disciplines to achieve project objectives. Guide and consult with teams during strategic planning process. Advise teams on strategy and process decisions.
- Support the creation of thought-leadership that enhances BNY Mellon’s Risk & Compliance brand and adds value to the company.
- Execute the operational/business strategy and related activities for line of business.
- Plan, facilitate and prepare materials for discussion with the Chief Risk Officer and other executives, including periodic business reviews and project updates.
- Oversee deliverables related to post-meeting action items to ensure all follow-up items are addressed appropriately.
- Contribute to or lead other high-priority Risk & Compliance activities as determined by the Head of Strategy and the CRO.
- Keep abreast of contemporary concepts in business strategy and management and applies these to develop innovative solutions and transformation plans and roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of related experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred, preferably with broad experience across control functions
- Excellent judgement and utmost integrity and objectivity, with demonstrated commitment to upholding high standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with both senior leaders and across all levels of the organization
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, consensus building, negotiating, and executing enterprise-wide risk programs
- Experience managing a large number of diverse and often complex issues and/or programs, with demonstrated ability to effectively drive accountability and get results
- Track record of leading and working with teams to implement cross-functional initiatives
- Proven program manager who can influence teams across complex financial institutions, including businesses and control functions
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage aggressive and competing priorities to achieve successful execution
- Ability to synthesize complex information to derive and communicate actionable insights
- Ability to work as a team player and be hands-on to deliver effectively and efficiently
- Comfortable working in amorphous environments and defining implementation actions
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70194
Requisition Number: 1916822