The Senior Executive Assistant will provide high quality, proactive executive administrative support to the head of the Office of the CIO, as well as other OCIO leadership as necessary. The Sr. Executive Assistant will also function as an office manager and provide analytical support, along with the additional tasks below:
- Independently completes the full range of advanced administrative activities in support of an Executive Committee ('EC') member or a senior executive heading a large complex business unit or function.
- Primarily provides support in completing activities required for the management of multiple teams which are responsible for different but related tasks.
- The incumbent's tasks are highly diverse and of the highest sensitivity, confidentiality and complexity. Operates effectively with extensive time management and work method/approach latitude.
- Responsible for daily interaction and management of communication with the assigned senior executive's direct reports.
- Interactions are frequently at the leadership level.
- Displays ability to appropriately interact with leaders inside and outside the organization during significant, frequent interactions.
- A commensurately high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality are therefore essential along with the ability to modify communication style to suit the audience. Appropriately and effectively addresses issues of the highest complexity escalated to the assigned EC member's or senior executive's office.
- Performs advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties, requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Many activities completed fall within the professional track of the discipline supported, including beginning level bookkeeping/ accounting and compliance, among others.
- Schedules meetings and travel arrangements and maintains calendar of appointments for the assigned EC member or senior executive. Screens calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries.
- Exercises autonomy in anticipating a diverse range of issues often of the highest complexity and troubleshooting these issues as they arise.
- Typically conducts administrative assignments of the highest complexity, related to the assigned EC member's or senior executive's attendance at or conduct of seminars, workshops, and/or conferences, among others, including production of materials that are highly sensitive in nature, scheduling, logistical arrangements, and liaising with participants, speakers, and vendors.
- Performs a high volume of special, diversified, longer-term projects requiring interaction with multiple teams.
- Conducts research and compiles, analyses and summarizes information for reports and correspondences.
- Leverages own contacts, long-standing relationships and resources, and liaises with senior management on behalf the assigned EC member or senior executive to facilitate information gathering and confirmation of answers.
- Reviews and analyses highly complex data and manages highly complex, sensitive situations.
- Applies discretion to independently triage the full spectrum of requests, questions and problems directed toward the assigned EC member's or senior executive's office, and appropriately prioritizes, addresses and/or identifies the level of urgency and escalates.
- Effectively manages the flow of information to/from the assigned EC member or senior executive, and is authorized to speak on behalf of him/her in certain limited circumstances.
- May be expected to develop correspondences, memoranda and reports on behalf of the assigned EC member or senior executive, and/or reviews those drafted by the EC member's or senior executive's direct reports for accuracy and alignment with the tone and voice of the EC member or senior executive.
- Directly responsible for preparing or liaising with the EC member's/senior executive's direct reports to facilitate the development of budgets and preparation of budget presentations for review and use by the assigned EC member or senior executive. Completes all billing and expense activities and resolves associated issues on behalf of the EC member or senior executive.
- No direct reports; directly supports an assigned EC member or senior executive.
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality are essential skills based on the level of internal and external contacts.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills are required, including information exchange with internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for facilitating the full range of administrative activities for an Executive Committee ('EC') member or a senior executive heading a large complex business unit or function.
- Responsible for the quality and accurate completion of own work as well as effective collaboration with leadership and the EC member's or senior executive's direct reports on behalf of him/her.
- Priority is on daily/weekly work, but will be responsible for executing longer term work/projects as requested.
QualificationsHigh school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; bachelor s degree preferred.
Applicable vocational training (e.g., courses on relevant business software like the Microsoft Office Suite of products, basic business writing, or similar) preferred;
AA degree or relevant business certifications preferred. 7+ years of total work experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in lieu of some experience may be considered.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 76004
Organization: Office of CIO-HR18027
Requisition Number: 1916908