For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing
BNY Mellon recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Tribeca, New York.
As a member of the Digital Business Development team, the primary focus and responsibilities will be to identify and develop new digital products and businesses that will generate additional sources of revenue and increased profitability for the firm. Main responsibilities will include:
- Supports strategic direction for line of business and identify new digital business opportunities by having a strong client orientation, working closely with individual business and functional leaders
- Contributes to the development of the overall business plan and development roadmap that will support the new business growth and development
- Helps manage complex programs that have significant strategic and financial impact for the company and coordinate across multiple organizations and business lines
- Manages programs from set up to delivery and facilitate decision-making at senior management levels
- Helps drive requirements and ultimate proof of concept development for the digital product opportunities approved
- Communicates and fosters cooperation across the various joint ventures, managers and marketing/sales teams to ensure that the new products and businesses developed are aligned with the firm’s strategy and positioning
- Drives change within internal functions and partners in support of digital agenda and new ways of working
- Maintains a strong external orientation, represent the Bank in key external forums related to digital, and cultivate relationships with external partners that can help accelerate delivery
QualificationsBachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work across all levels of organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal well with uncertainty and unstructured problems to be solved
- Able to lead ad-hoc and structured teams for achieving goals within established time parameters
- Experience in strategy consulting from a top management consulting firm preferred
- 5 plus years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry
- MBA or other advanced degree from top universities a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70196
Organization: Digital Delivery-HR18007
Requisition Number: 1916924