TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
As part of TSG, our Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.The Role
As an Infrastructure Operations Analyst - IAM and Privileged Access Management, you must have experience in IAM and Privileged Access Management with strong hardware and software diagnostics skills gained on a wide range of hardware and operating system platforms across the Enterprise Technology Stack. You will have experience on building toolsets and processes to support the organizations security programs through automation.
You’ll have the ability to work well under extreme pressure and effectively handle multiple ongoing projects, possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. You must be a subject matter expert with hands-on experience in a wide range of UNIX security technologies, tools, and methodologies.
You will be instrumental in implementing sustainable operational solutions and processes; tracking/monitoring of availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning for security platforms and services.
- Operational support (including off hours) for integrated security controls across Unix infrastructure platforms on premise solutions and in the cloud.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of current risks and threats to Unix infrastructure, IT infrastructures and Applications at technical and managerial levels.
- Provide security consultancy, implement and operational support of the Unix platforms.
- Consult, implement security solutions on Cloud security initiatives and compliance of existing security standards interfacing with infrastructure and development teams.
- Maintain the security infrastructure tools providing sustainable solutions and governance processes and procedures in alignment with security policies.
- Actively monitor new and emerging security and privacy related technologies, trends, issues, and solutions and assess their applicability to key business initiatives and strategies.
- Participate in Information Security Incident Response activities for the Firm’s environment.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments of systems, internal applications and Cloud services to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Monitor compliance with the organization's information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors and third parties.
- Manage remediation efforts for any gaps reported in audits or recommended process improvements.
- Provide support to Security and other technical operations staff to ensure smooth turnover from Engineering to Production - and provide mentoring to junior level security professionals.
- Liaison with key stakeholders to create and enforce policy including Technology organization, Trading units, Legal, Internal Audit, and Compliance.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience in Information Security is preferred.
- Experience working on an environment with large number of servers (25000-50000).
- Hands-on technical experience with configuration management and hardening Unix systems.
- Knowledge of Unix deployment security, lifecycle, and operations practices.
- Knowledge of Networking Theory and various TCP/IP standard protocols.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45196
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1917024