BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams.
With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.The Role:
Reporting to the Head of Investment Management (IM) Data Solutions, the Senior Data Engineer will lead, design and architect solutions to complex data integration, process re-engineering, data science, and automation problems. This is a unique opportunity to join the IM Data Solutions team, a small, multi-disciplinary team that is transforming the way information is created, used and communicated within BNY Mellon IM. The group works directly with BNY Mellon’s IM firms on strategic projects, creating valuable tools and insights for decision makers across portfolio management, sales, marketing, and other key areas of the business. The Data Solutions team capitalizes on opportunities across business lines using the best tools and practices, like machine learning, econometrics, agile development (scrum/kanban), and modern collaborative data platforms.Responsibilities:
- Lead data engineering and/or data science projects to support IM firms
- Use domain expertise to understand business requirements and design the right solution
- Build or implement data pipelines, databases, visualizations, and other data tools (hands-on)
- Contribute to team in a wide range of technical areas by instituting new practices and staying abreast of the latest technical developments
- Take initiative to lead/contribute to overall team efforts in software development, data engineering, data science, and technical consulting
- Work closely with other data engineers and data scientists to improve processes and enable faster insight-generation from complex datasets
- BA/BS Degree (advanced degrees and/or CFAs are great too)
- 10+ years general business experience, especially in financial services, asset management, and/or management consulting or similar environments
- 6+ years of data engineering, data architecture, data science, and/or software engineering experience
- Excel proficiency
- SQL proficiency
- Python expertise
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience with modern data pipelines and/or data operating platforms (e.g. Dataiku, Alteryx, Spark)
- Able to lead ad-hoc and structured product teams within an agile framework
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-
Internal Jobcode: 70124
Job: Asset Management
Organization: IM Infrastructure-HR14826
Requisition Number: 1917029