- Leads product management, development and strategy for the customer experience and channel services (online portal and API) that offers payments, liquidity and trade services within the Transaction Banking business
- Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings.
- Develops ideas for new products. Ensures that risk, regulations, and market conditions are accounted for throughout the life cycle of developed products.
- Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product.
- Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen. Independently manages the development, enhancement, and user experience of assigned products and performs both operational and marketing analysis to ensure profitability and penetration goals are met.
- Manages relationship with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. to ensure different requirements are met during the new product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
- Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of channel (online banking and APIs) services pertaining to Transaction Banking products, strong knowledge of global payments, different payment market standards, and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Leads pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages.
- Engages with Sales and relationship Management in supporting business sales.
- Develops business requirements and other product development documentation that clearly articulates the product requirements to Technology, Operations, Risk and other internal stakeholders.
- Produces product collaterals and supports sales campaigns to drive a profitable revenue growth for Global Payments. Leads and manage the development and delivery of assigned products with Technology and Operations partners to ensure a timely and smooth implementation of products to our clients.
- Performs technical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients while also preparing sales materials and training BNY Mellon professionals.
- Guides junior product managers, directs, and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. May lead others on project teams. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70237
Organization: Global Product Management-HR07027
Requisition Number: 1917144