Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
To assist the EMEA Head of Financial Crime to fulfil all statutory obligations as required under UK law and BNY Mellon’s AML policies with regard to Customer Due Diligence requirements and otherwise exercise AML oversight in BNY Mellon Europe and other offices, as necessary.
The role holder will lead on the responsibilities marked * for the EMEA Markets Division which will be the principal focus of the role, although advisory work will cover all relevant legal entities and business lines.
• Provide advice and guidance to business Compliance teams and / or operational staff on AML regulatory, policy and procedural issues and applications as required*;
• Provide general advice on practical application of procedures, e.g. difficult/complex cases and exceptions to business compliance teams and/or operational staff, as required*;
• Review and approve business AML verification and associated procedures / manuals and checklists*;
• Advise on and review business AML Risk Assessments to ensure they are appropriately and fully completed to include all AML business risks, controls and mitigation and to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements*;
• Assist businesses in ensuring that AML issues are addressed in the event of changes to systems, client take-ons, new products, acquisitions and any other relevant projects*;
• Act as an Sector Compliance Officer (SCO) for the KYC system generated tasks and client profiles;
• Develop and enhance financial crime MI for oversight committees*;
• Work with the European MLROs as required on relevant developments / regulatory matters;
• Deputising at meetings as directed by the MLRO / Deputy MLRO;
• Ad-hoc project work as directed and in relation to financial crime issues including: system changes, client take on and new product acquisition;
• Assist with annual MLRO report preparation, conducting research as directed;
• Work with the US corporate AML team where required on corporate policies and procedures and issues of common interest;
• Keep up to date with AML related developments and issues and ensure as relevant these are incorporated into policy and procedures*; and
• Attend relevant external industry forums to ensure BNY Mellon is aware of industry developments and AML practices in relation to Markets products and services.
Provide support, assistance and input on ad hoc issues to other team members as required.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures and departmental procedures
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness
- Notify management and the Head of EMEA Compliance and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing Risk.
Job Specific Competencies / Technical skills / knowledge
- Proven experience in a financial crime advisory role
- General background in Financial Crime / Compliance / Legal
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations and expectations of UK Regulators
- Working knowledge of other foreign laws and regulations an advantage
- Ability to work under time pressure in calm, professional manner in an environment of change
- Good analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning skills
- Knowledge of Markets products and services would be advantageous
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
Legal or Bachelor’s degree
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85162
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1917242