VP - Principal Developer – Core Java, Spring, Oracle, Kafka
The Alternate Investment Services – Client Technology group is a collaborative development team with the goal of delivering a uniform, responsive user experience to clients. We are actively working on designing and implementing a digital strategy to allow our clients to access data & documents via multiple delivery channels. We embrace Agile methodology and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has a passion for their craft and seeking to get the job done right for the best outcome for our clients. You will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
· Primary Skillset in: Core Java, Spring, Oracle, Microservices, Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka streams, KSQL
· Secondary Skillset : Junit, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Docker, JIRA
- Application design and implementation
- Automated testing
- Application deployment
- Second/Third level support of applications
- Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Primary Skillset : Core Java, Spring, Oracle, Microservices, Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka streams, KSQL
Secondary Skillset : Junit, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Docker, JIRA
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1917278