Under the direction of the Team Manager, the Senior Specialist is responsible for acting as daily contact person for designated clients/ KVGs. He/ She is responsible for processing, accounting and reporting services to clients/ KVGs to ensure delivery of correct accounting data and reporting to clients/ KVGs. The Senior Specialist supports the Team Manager and other team members in ensuring that all controls and procedures being performed as well as helping to ensure that service levels meet and exceed client/KVG regulatory and legal requirements.
The position requires good knowledge of accounting conventions and techniques, good understanding of accounting systems, work flows, procedures and controls and quality standards, good understanding of custody and cash setups as well as a solid understanding of the client/ KVG legal and market requirements.
In addition to this, a sound knowledge of BNYM custody and accounting systems is required or subject to self-educated learning via BNYM's MyLearning environment. The Senior Specialist closely interacts with the Team Manager and keeps him/ her advised of processing and accounting issues if required, problem resolution status and internal service delivery status as well as recurring issues that require management follow up.
In the absence of the Team Manager, the Senior Specialist may be designated to assume his/ her technical responsibilities. The Senior Specialist will be represented by another team member, in the event of his/ her absence. Close interaction is required to ensure knowledge transfer of functional operations responsibilities and client specific requirements prior to absences.
The Senior Specialist Fund Accounting will be required to execute the following tasks within the Depotbank department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by BNYM and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager. Reconciliation, manual capturing of trades, as well as processing corporate actions are an integral part of the Senior Specialist Fund Accounting role. They will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. Every Senior Specialist Fund Accounting will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/ Information Risk) and optional training. Additional, client-specific training will be provided by the Supervisor.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on client structure, client requirements and business needs.
• Monitoring payments, monitoring overdue income, respond on queries by the client, documentation and archiving
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the client/ KVG business and market requirements.
• Respond to all client/ KVG and BNYM in-house requests in a timely manner.
• Direct communication to asset managers, investors, service providers and several KVGs
• Creation, documentation and optimization of own workflows and processes
• Preparation of the relevant documentation for external and internal audit in close cooperation with other senior team members and / or team lead
• Perform and reviews daily/ periodic controls as required or assigned.
• Ensuring that daily work flows, procedures and controls are effectively executed in a timely manner
• Completion of client/KVG specific reports per required deadlines.
• Interaction with other BNY Departments (internal and external).
• Support Team Manager in improving work flows in accordance with BNY procedures and controls, legal requirements and client/ KVG requirements.
• Monitors area for risk and minimizes potential loss and exposure
• Participate in special projects as required.
• On boarding and training of new employees
• Actively analyses processes, and in conjunction with the other parties involved, works to improve processes, making them as efficient as possible.
• Communicates with the Team Manager for resolution of complex business and operating issues.
• Keep informed of internal and external developments which could affect client/KVG services operations.
• Quality assurance standards development and implementation
• Coordination of activities over Depotbank teams and other BNYM departments
• Creation, documentation and optimization of workflows and processes
• Coordination and process of customer inquiries
• Support Fund Accountants in resolution of issues.
• Independent Booking and validation of all securities and derivatives trades
• Reconciliation of mutual and special funds
• Preparation of year end for funds
• Daily review of funds and accounting data and resolution of exceptions.
• Assist Fund opening/closure/transfer when required.
• Bank or business education with specialization and experience in fund accounting within Depotbank and / or KVG
• Proven experience with standard Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word, Access & VBA is a plus).
• Significant work experience (> 5 years)
• Significant experience in a Financial Services or Accounting or investment administration environment.
• Significant knowledge of instrument characteristics and settlement processes for the following asset classes: securities, derivatives, foreign exchanges and OTCs (i.e. Swaps, CDS)
• Significant understanding / experience with Options, Swaps, Structured Products and Security Lending is a plus.
• Self- Driven and responsible person to fully complete assigned tasks.
• Act as role model for other team members and execute best practice
• Eager to attain the knowledge of relevant products and business processes.
• Good communicator and Team playing spirit is a must.
• Open minded approach to understand Fund Accounting related processes to be able to understand how your job will impact clients and other departments of the company
• Frame of mind focused on productivity; willingness to take more duties, expand team
• Preferred to have Process Improvement experiences/ skills, e.g. to design/establish new detailed processes, Documentation skills, e.g. procedures/manual.
• Strong Risk Control: monitoring and adhering legal and compliance responsibilities.
• Good written / verbal English and German skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70618
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1917287