Under the direction of the Team Manager, the Senior Representative Valuations/Pricing is responsible for acting as daily contact person for designated clients/ KVGs. He/ She is responsible for the valuation of assets, provision of prices to the clients and performing the Market Conformity Check. The Senior Representative supports the Team Manager and other team members in ensuring that all controls and procedures being performed as well as helping to ensure that service levels meet and exceed client/KVG regulatory and legal requirements.
The position requires good knowledge of accounting conventions and techniques, good understanding of accounting systems, work flows, procedures and controls and quality standards, as well as a solid understanding of the client/ KVG legal and market requirements.
The Senior Representative closely interacts with the Team Manager and keeps him/her advised of processing and accounting issues if required, problem resolution status and internal service delivery status as well as recurring issues that require management follow up. The Senior Representative Valuations/Pricing is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of asset and portfolio valuations and adherence to pricing policy. He /. This includes daily communication with pricing vendors on pricing challenges and querying their universe. The Pricing executive ensures that clients as well as Depotbank teams receive a pricing data in a timely manner to enable corresponding NAV calculations.
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs:
• Daily price change review across universe of holdings as well as providing these reports to client and
• Daily collaboration with Fund Accounting teams to calculate and supply pricing not readily recorded by pricing vendors.
• Daily communication with pricing vendors on pricing challenges and querying their universe.
• Assisting the staff in their daily work, especially by providing, checking, validating, documenting asset prices, and by performing the Market Conformity Check.
• Assist other members of the team with special projects.
• Respond to internal/external ad hoc requests.
• Ensure high client satisfaction by assisting in setting up a service oriented environment and facilitating the group’s activities in a way that meets client/ KVG requirements.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the client/ KVG business and market requirements.
• Respond to all client/ KVG and BNYM in-house requests in a timely manner.
• Direct communication to asset managers, investors, service providers and several KVGs.
• Creation, documentation and optimization of own workflows and processes.
• Preparation of the relevant documentation for external and internal audit in close cooperation with senior team members and / or team lead.
• Perform and reviews daily/ periodic controls as required or assigned.
• Ensuring that daily work flows, procedures and controls are effectively executed in a timely manner
• Review and follow daily check list.
• Interaction with other BNY departments (internal and external).
• Assist Fund opening/closure/transfer when required.
• Support Team Manager in improving work flows in accordance with BNY procedures and controls, legal requirements and client/ KVG requirements.
• Monitors area for risk and minimizes potential loss and exposure
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Contribution on development and optimisation of processes due to quality assurance
• Bank or business education with specialization and experience in Pricing and Valuation of Assets within Depotbank and / or KVG
• Proven experience with standard Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word, Access & VBA a plus).
• Short/Medium Time work experience (> 3 years)
• Good knowledge in a Financial Services or Accounting or investment administration environment.
• Good knowledge of instrument characteristics and settlement processes for traditional assets, currencies, and futures.
• Additionally, understanding / experience with Options, Swaps, Structured Products and Security Lending is a plus.
• Self-Driven and responsible person to fully complete assigned tasks.
• Eager to attain the knowledge of relevant products and business processes.
• Good communicator and Team playing spirit is a must.
• Process orientated mind over solution based.
• Open minded approach to understand Fund Accounting and Pricing related processes to be able to understand how your job will impact clients and other departments of the company.
• Frame of mind focused on productivity; willingness to take more duties, expand team
• Preferred to have Process Improvement experiences/ skills, e.g. to design/establish new detailed processes, Documentation skills, e.g. procedures/manual.
• Strong Risk Control: monitoring and adhering legal and compliance responsibilities.
• English and German skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70623
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1917289