- With guidance, develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships across Segregation in Japan
- Identifies opportunities for account growth
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives
- From a global, bank-wide perspective, clients are usually well-established, relatively small, more locally-focused and less complex.
- May assist a more senior Relationship Manager on large or complex accounts to gain breadth/depth of knowledge
- Is the client's advocate and may serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction
- Research client issues and bring to resolution
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction ensuring continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and may serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction. Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience
- May assist with prospecting new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership
- Ensures client on-boarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.). In some regional/local markets may manage relationships with regulators directly.
- Research and analyze the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- Manages overall relationship profitability of small, non-complex clients; continues to receive advice and coaching from senior team members/management.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 3+ years of total work experience is required
- Financial Services experience with an understanding of Global Markets is preferred. Experience or an understanding of Segregation is advantageous
- Experience within a Client Services or Account Management role would be beneficial however we are open to candidate with experience in a back office function looking to move to a front office role
- JSDA Class I and II is preferred but not essential
- Excellent written and communication skills in business Japanese and English is required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Internal Jobcode: 70060
Requisition Number: 1917364