Based in Manchester, the Project Manager will join the EMEA Regulatory Change Team to manage a book of projects stemming from financial and regulatory reporting business requirements for BNY Mellon‘s financial operations in EMEA.
The position will report into the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change (based in Manchester, UK) and will be part of a wider team including other Project Managers, PMO and Business & Systems Analysts. The Project Manager will work with the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change to develop detailed project plans and a strategy to execute. They will also be required to work alongside and manage external temporary resourcing if and when employed to meet project requirements.Key responsibilities:
- Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high complexity.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations acting as day to day project lead for the purpose of planning work and identifying critical tasks
- Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts
- Define and document requirements, write functional specifications, and perform business process design in conjunction with Regulatory Reporting Change Team, Finance Systems, Finance IT, and Risk.
- Analyse and interpret data sources for identified reports in order detailed business and process requirements
- Identify data and business process “shortfalls” for the purpose of identifying gaps in current and/or proposed workflows.
- Determine current reporting recipients, benefits, and criticality as part of opportunity assessments.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery
- May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
- May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization global strategy
- Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analysing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values.
- Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
- Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities.
- Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
QualificationsKey Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced Project Manager with previous exposure to financial services projects
- 12-18 years of relevant work and project management experience required (project management professional qualification preferable)
- Knowledge of risk reporting practices and/or Financial Services Regulatory Reporting practices preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with particular emphasis on the production of clear and detailed written Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and with a distributed team (i.e., physically located in other regions).
- Understand and analyse business processes & workflows.
- Determine current reporting recipients, benefits, and criticality as part of opportunity assessments
- Effective in managing diverse teams and stakeholders
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70183
Requisition Number: 1917447