Principal Technology Program Manager
Multiple Locations: New York, NY
Categories: Asset Servicing
Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing global businesses which are undergoing a period of digital transformation and growth. The Program Manager will oversee several highly visible programs and will work closely with global stakeholders. This is a high profile role within a extremely ambitious and motivated global team of technology professionals. Several programs will focus on our Latin America (LATAM) / Brazil portfolio; therefore, familiarity with LATAM marker and knowledge of Portuguese will be beneficial. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Accounting and Transfer Agency Technology Transformation and will be based in New York.
· Manage delivery of a large complex strategic initiative crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations
· Accountable for the ultimate success of the program and continued alignment with the business strategy
· Responsible for stakeholder management particularly those external to the organization
· Manage multiple related sub-projects and, in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective
· Collaborate with constituent project managers, project leads, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor plans, cost, schedule and technical performance of component projects and operations
· Work with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and requirements are identified and fit for purpose
· Responsible for the overall program communication (facilitating steering committees, regular program ceremonies, communicating with all levels of the organization including executive management)
· Hands-on management of program risks and escalations
· All team members within the program take direction from the Program Manager for the duration of the project
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP®), or Scrum Alliance Scrum Master (CSM) or Product Owner(CSPO) certifications are beneficial.
12 + years of project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
Experience delivering 3rd party Fund Accounting or Custody platforms
Effective communication, consensus building and conflict management across all levels in the organization
Holistic thinker with the ability execute on business strategy combined with attention to details
- Prior experience managing strategic cross-organizational projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects or programs required.
Experience managing vendors and contracts as components of a program.
Experience in working with global technology and operations teams
- Experience of managing multiple geographically dispersed teams
5+ years experience with Agile/Scrum.
5+ years large project [>$4m] / transformation delivery experience
Experienced in the use of Jira, Confluence, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs
Advantage to have
Experience in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Custody
Knowledge of LATAM Market is a plus
Knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese is a plus
- Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing & Eagle Tech-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1917462