Alcentra, founded in 2002, is a leading, global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade credit with assets under management of approximately $40 billion. Alcentra employs over 165 people, including more than 70 investment professionals. The firm manages traditional and alternative investment strategies including; US and European senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, structured credit, and multi-strategy credit. Our investors include leading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is majority-owned by BNY Mellon Corporation and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, and Boston and local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong.
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors’ needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Alcentra.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
The Product Management AVP will play a key role in supporting Alcentra’s growth and evolution by working closely with Sales, Investor Relations, Portfolio Management/Research, Operations, and Legal/Compliance teams. The candidate will be a key resource for Alcentra’s investment strategies and products and will contribute to critical aspects of marketing, fundraising, performance reporting, and investor requests across a range of globally offered commingled funds, private equity-type funds, hedge funds, retail/UCIT funds, and customized separate accounts.
• Serve as a knowledge resource with respect to Alcentra’s investment strategies, markets, products, and competitors.
• Build and maintain marketing materials including presentations, fact sheets, due diligence questionnaires, and tailored proposals.
• Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly reporting (e.g. positioning and performance attribution reports) and communications for funds and separately managed accounts.
• Develop fund performance analytics, asset class analysis, competitive product analysis/positioning, and market commentary.
• Produce and ensure timely delivery of investor Request for Proposals (RFPs).
• Participate in the development of processes/procedures to enhance team efficiency and client experience.
• Update qualitative and quantitative fund and firm information held in investment databases and datarooms.
• Partner with Investor Relations to develop timely, robust, and properly positioned responses to investors including ongoing due diligence questionnaires, account reviews, and periodic performance updates.
Our expectation is that people will bring:
• Client Drive
• Efficient Decision Making
Experience and qualifications required:
• Bachelor's degree required (preferably in finance or finance-related field), or alternative qualifiers and/or CFA or CAIA.
• Significant appreciation of the asset management field; experience in credit strategies, senior loans and/or high yield bonds.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Fluency with portfolio risk/return concepts and experience with Zephyr/eVestment or similar applications a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational abilities and extreme attention to detail.
• Flexible, team player able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a collegial, high performance, global environment.
Alcentra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Alcentra welcome applications from LGBT+ people.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51661
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1917565