As an Internal Communications and Editorial expert, you will be a key member of a team that develops highly creative communications campaigns that engage BNY Mellon’s 50,000 employees. You must be a talented writer and storyteller with a natural curiosity and the ability to turn complex topics into engaging content. Working in a fast-paced and flexible manner, you will partner with colleagues across the enterprise to produce content that supports our reputational drivers and communications objectives. The position is an individual contributor role and is based in New York City.
- Work collaboratively with all lines of business and corporate functions to develop content and execute internal communications campaigns.
- Drive the creation of quality content in a variety of engaging formats (e.g., articles, videos, executive blogs, infographics, email communications, etc.)
- Conceive, write and edit articles for a variety of internal communications purposes, including BNY Mellon’s employee intranet, MySource.
- Serve as editor of MySource, coordinating editorial calendar with internal communications colleagues and business partners. Publish articles in a timely manner.
- Promote content through weekly all-employee email, intranet, digital signage and other channels.
- Identify and advocate for the adoption of new tools and best practices.
- Analyze metrics, share insights, and adjust plans with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with agencies and outside vendors as necessary.
*Cover letter to accompany resume submitted with application*
QualificationsSkills and Qualifications:
- Highly strategic, innovative thinker with the ability to see emerging trends and the big picture. Ability to successfully drive projects from development to completion.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle multiple priorities and execute flawlessly with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success developing and executing communications strategies and campaigns for large enterprises. Highly talented writer, editor, and storyteller.
- Proactive and collaborative multitasker with exceptional communications skills. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A passionate and high-energy style, with the commitment and enthusiasm to take on complex, challenging situations in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to envision, articulate, and realize both process and program improvements within the communications function.
- Experienced in providing direction to creative partners, including agencies, writers, designers, videographers and photographers.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to analyze, critique and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and a personal reputation for honesty, integrity and above-reproach ethics.
- Experience using internal communications tools, including content publishing systems, email management systems, digital signage, measurement tools, etc.
- Minimum 10-15 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85465
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Organization: US Corporate Communication-HR18228
Requisition Number: 1917584