- As a subject matter expert, helps ensure that global control teams create a sound control environment and the control standards, risk management systems, and training for staff meet the needs of the business along with those of clients.
- Leads the most complex projects/analyses and may assign work to other team members. Often specializes in a particular control discipline such as Business Recovery Planning, System / User Access Reviews, Quality Control, or Knowledge Source. Leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses.
- Coordinates with global teams to ensure proper control and risk management systems are in place throughout the business.
- Ensures that location specific regulatory standards are incorporated into control measures.
- Operating with a high degree of independence, implements programs that improve internal controls to keep up with regulations and corporate standards.
- Works directly with assigned business unit to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk. May recommend changes to improve risk and control profile.
- Designs and delivers risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed.
- Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures. Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses
- Anticipates and investigates technology and market trends areas that may become future risks to the business and creates controls to mitigate them before they appear.
- Assists management in the delegation of work Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines. Responsibilities are usually specialized and often have broader impact beyond the business/segment/region they are assigned to advise.
- Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70320
Organization: CM-Operations Embedded Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1917702