Title: Reporting and Governance Analyst
Location: London, QVS
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management’s specialists, and they are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers.
What’s on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors’ needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Newton Investment Management.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
To effectively provide dedicated board and committee reporting, governance, and administrative support to the Risk team.
The Risk team provides robust oversight on behalf of the Newton Board in order to identify and mitigate risks to our business. This includes ensuring that all business areas comply with the relevant UK and US regulations, identifying the key operational, strategic, investment and emerging risks the business faces, seeking to protect the business from such risks, and presenting management information to boards and committees.
The successful candidate will work with the Risk team (comprised of the following teams: Company Secretary/ Governance, Compliance, Operational Risk, Investment Risk and Investment Performance), supporting these teams in the identifying, analysing, escalating and presenting of risk issues, and challenging the business in its approach to mitigating or accepting those risks.
Board and Committee reporting for the Risk team (60%)
• Ownership for Board and Committee administration, including
o creation and collation of committee and board agendas, reports and meeting packs
o monitoring the accuracy and consistency of the MI tabled, sense checking documentation submitted
o minute taking and follow ups with action owners to ensure completion of required tasks
o scheduling of meetings and liaising with members
o preparation and maintenance of terms of reference
o coordinating self assessment reviews, drafting reports, and assisting as required with completing any recommendations
• To lead and/or proactive involvement in Risk team projects as required, for example conduct/culture projects
• To lead and/or proactive involvement with SMCR tasks as required
• Maintenance of the governance manual including the governance structure, providing guidance to the business as required
• Maintenance of governance guidance notes and the governance intranet page, providing guidance to the business as required
• Responding to governance related client enquiries including due diligence questionnaires and RFPs
• Liaising with the BNYM Company Secretary team and BNYM Governance team as required
• Liaising with senior managers in other areas of the business, as required
• To represent Newton in internal and external meetings as required
• Assisting with filings required under the UK and US regulatory regimes and Companies Act 2006 requirements
Proactive administrative assistance of the Risk team (10%)
• Organise external and internal meetings and appointments
• Travel co-ordination and expenses
• General clerical duties including filing, photocopying and scanning
• Provide other administrative support as and when required
Experience and qualifications required:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent service experience is preferred
• Experience in a governance role or exposure to a company secretarial role
• Solid experience of senior meeting / board pack production
• Solid experience of senior meeting / board minute taking
• Highly literate with attention to detail a must
• Good IT skills especially in Excel and powerpoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to ensure effective interaction with Executives across investment management
• Ability to work in a confidential environment
Our expectation is that people will bring:
• Client Drive
• Efficient Decision Making
Please ask us about flexible working options
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 85091
Requisition Number: 1917927