- Applies extensive knowledge of market and credit risks inherent in customer accounts (Pershing Prime Services and introduced clients of IBDs) and proprietary accounts of broker-dealers.
- Produces and delivers CCAR stress testing and projection results and expert analysis to senior management.
- Ability to query large amounts of data using SQL or similar language
- Ability to speak with model validation teams on the validation of risk models
- Defines other stress testing standards and frameworks to measure credit and market risk scenarios. The role will encompass both scenario design and broader stress testing.
- Client interaction on complex issues
- Has in-depth knowledge of the financial industry and various investment asset classes (credit, equity, options) and hedging strategies.
- Has a good understanding of relevant U.S regulatory requirements, and knowledge of portfolio risk modelling techniques (model design; calibration; usage) as well as knowledge of current expected credit loss methodology (CECL).
- Manages all activities related to the development and production of risk platforms and metrics. Anticipates and addresses Audit and regulatory concerns regarding the market risk framework, governance, and operations.
- Possesses good problem solving skills and the ability to simplify complex issues as well as the ability to provide effective challenge to existing processes and business lines
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate these skills to drive complex initiatives
QualificationsBachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Masters degree preferred. Family Requirements: 10-12 years of experience in market or liquidity risk preferred. Experience in financial services is strongly preferred. Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research, or a similar field is preferred. Discipline Requirements: Market Risk: Ability to analyze and report on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 85210
Requisition Number: 1918004