Job Title: Desktop Support Team Leader
· Provide oversight of UK Operations including Platinum support in the absence of the Regional Manager, and to be second in command at all times.
· Develop and define service decomposition, providing insight into trends regularly. Subsequent proactive service improvement implemented.
· Responsible for covering forward schedule of change demands from a UK/EMEA perspective, managing resources and project engagement appropriately.
· To take responsibility for governance and risk items of UK Operations, leading efforts to manage & mitigate all items.
· Continually engage with UK site leads and ongoing initiatives, representing Workplace Technology Support as a function within the wider engagement activities.
· To provide IT/Desktop support services to employees to ensure that all service levels are achieved.
· Take responsibility for the management of regional queues, local team ticket volumes & the associated SLA’s/OLA’s achieved.
· To adhere to system procedures & associated BNYM policies/standards, ensuring the team do the same. (Legal Hold)
· To provide resource and support on delivery of TSG infrastructure projects.
· To procure IT hardware & software for London as required and record same in the asset register, taking responsibility for the accuracy of said register.
· To install and configure PC’s and network equipment (BAU, Moves & Decommission)
· To ensure the stability, continuity and supportability of the London technical environment
· To pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with the Business, educating them on the available end user technology & its capabilities.
· Understand individual department requirements to enhance the delivery of IT Services within corporate policies. (End user tech SME)
· To understand configuration and functionality of site technology (including any space where technology is consumed) and take responsibility for escalations involving any site technology/infrastructure.
· To ensure that all systems procedures are clear, accurate and updated regularly
· To suggest and drive improvements to operational procedures and technologies
· Respond to escalations & drive up to Regional Management when applicable (OOO or BAU).
· Where appropriate, provide additional remote support to other regional sites within EMEA
Assist in setting Objectives and goals for team and help them in meeting these.
Identifies and completes team training in all areas where training is required.
Ensures all team are (cross-) trained effectively and sufficiently to conduct their work to the required standard and to provide coverage within the team
Motivates team to meet expectations.
Identifies each team member’s strengths & areas for development and assists in the creation and implementation of a structured strategy to develop them.
Holds regular one on ones with team members.
Manages support resource scheduling to meet business requirements.
Acts as a role model for direct reports.
QualificationsSkill Requirements Essential
- Minimum 5 years of IT end user support experience.
- Service Delivery focused with direct customer facing experience.
- Experience of asset management – from initial PC/laptop build through to retirement, and associated registry administration.
- Must have experience providing high level technical support for demanding business users and external clients.
- Must have in depth Microsoft Office (10, 16, 365) support knowledge.
- Experience of administrative tools in an IT environment.
- Experience of multi-domain environments.
- Experience working in a Financial Services IT environment.
- Experience of SQL environments, IBM Mainframe, Unix, and NetWare.
- ITIL v3 certified.
- Experience in continual process improvement.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60131
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1918009