Finance Reporting & Analytics Team is established to streamline reporting capabilities across the Financial Planning & Analysis organization. The team partners with multiple Finance groups and technology teams to support reporting and business intelligence needs. The team aims to provide transparency, automation and innovation to contribute to the fulfilment of reporting requirements and creation of operational efficiency.
Reporting and analysis are core capabilities of the Finance organization. This techno-functional position is expected to work with large datasets, dashboarding, reporting and data management tools to support the organization by:
· Developing innovative reporting capabilities to perform highly complex historical or predictive analyses to support end to end processes within Finance including the support for the period close, analyses of performance such as forecasted period revenue and expenses against actual results, and metrics and scorecard reporting
· Lead the technical approach and delivery of complex financial analytics and reporting in support of multiple assigned lines of business, legal entities, corporate functions, or geographies.
· Identifies financial strategy needs, and partners with the customer and/or functional leaders to ensure needs are met
· Improving the control environment through technology capabilities
· Develops and implements process improvements to team efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring consistently high service delivery standards
· Provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed. May lead projects and/or analyses
The role will be a key leader across multiple projects working with Technical Data Architects in understanding architectural directions, gathering and analyzing business requirements, and developing the appropriate data structures to support reporting. In the long term, this position will play a key role in the transition from traditional reporting to a more dynamic, real-time analytics environment ensuring a foundation to deliver information to internal consumers at all levels in the organization.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, finance, accounting, or business, or equivalent work experience and education in business intelligence & report automation required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Experience with leading reporting tools required (such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx, OLAP tools (IBM TM1, Essbase, Analysis Service) Cognos, etc.)
Experience with finance data set and process: Balance Sheet, P&L, Consolidations, Client Product Profitability, liquidity analytics and reporting, interest rate risk management, asset-liability management, regulatory reporting, is strongly preferred.
Experience with Business Intelligence data management and visualization applications specific to “big data” and the ability to use SQL, R, Python and other computer languages used for analysis and structuring is preferred.
Knowledge of the structuring of data environments and applications that use big data processes is a preferred.
Experience in Data Analysis, Data Architecture and/or Data Warehousing; preferably in a shared or enterprise data environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45167
Requisition Number: 1918076