For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing
BNY Mellon recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions at our global headquarters in Tribeca, New York.
The Digital Partnerships group establishes partnerships and investments to drive revenue growth, operating efficiencies and develop new businesses.
The group also is a critical link to the outside ecosystem that includes venture capital, startups, mature technology companies, peers and our clients seeking to engage with BNY Mellon. The Digital Partnerships team works to connect the external marketplace with our businesses, create the right ideas, partnerships and investment opportunities to achieve our digital objectives. The Principal, Strategic Planning - Digital Partnerships leads specific cross-business line digital projects, assists in negotiation transactions and provides thought leadership, both inside BNY Mellon and externally. A strong work ethic and willingness to engage in all levels of activities is critical.
The individual will work with senior members of Digital Partnerships, Digital and business units to manage partnerships and business development projects related to key Digital initiatives and BU strategic priorities.
Tangible activities include:
- S/he will project manage several partnerships and business development projects and identify new opportunities to establish partnership best practices.
- Create project and process specifications, coordinate with project teams and ensure that high impact partnerships and projects meet target schedules and adhere to budget.
- Identify and vet key third-party partnership opportunities using a disciplined analytical assessment framework.
- Support the execution of complex multi-party partnership engagements including business case development, financial modelling, project and returns analytics, pricing models and market sizing, term sheet and agreement negotiations.
- Support direct investments and warrants in companies and multi-party initiatives, including business case development, financial modelling and analysis, term sheet and agreement negotiations, post-investment oversight.
- Engage external partners, including venture capital firms, innovation groups and start-ups.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Coordinate internal resources and external partners for the flawless execution of projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
QualificationsBachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred; 7-10 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70195
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1918356