As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech. Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing). Treasury Services Technology (TST) within CMIST leads the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Services business. TST is aligned with the business into five sub-segments including: Global Payments, Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables, Enterprise Financial Messaging (EFM) and Trade Services. Because of TST’s industry-leading solutions, BNY Mellon is the first bank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing and provide full transparency into the status of payments. BNY Mellon Treasury Services is comprised of best-in-class services supporting most top tier global banks and institutions. Treasury Services organization has embarked on a journey to re-engineer our platforms to stay ahead of our clients’ demands. At BNY, the technology group works in partnership with the business and other technology groups to continue to enhance our offerings and improve the client experience. BNY’s significant investment in technology results in new and forward thinking solutions that are scalable and resilient. We are looking for exceptional and creative individuals with a self-starter and can-do attitude. Job Description:
- Hands-on, technical development manager
- Manage a medium sized team of developers and managers
- Design and champion transformative change
- Drive communication with internal and external clients
- Interaction with Corporate Audit and Risk office
- Overall program accountability
- Incident ownership and resolutions
- Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
- Manages the development of design requirements, designs, tests, documents and implements systems and programs
- Manages staff in ensuring systems are developed to meet clients' business needs and expectations.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains quality application systems to support the client area.
- Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.
- Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
- Manage and lead Stakeholder discussions and manage business priorities
- Lead strategic and far-reaching initiatives within the organization contributing to the achievement of key area objectives.
- Work closely with Senior IT Management, Product and Business teams to understand their needs and provide appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
- Work with the technology management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and methodologies.
Group Manager, Appl Development->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements. Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs. Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more development teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45305
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1918486