Director level regulatory reporting specialist who will have responsibility for UK FCA and PRA authorised legal entities. The role will be responsible for the internal and external financial regulatory reports for the entities.
This position has specific accountability for investment firms and liquidity reporting, the related interpretations, issues and deadlines for the UK entities. The position will sit on the relevant internal committees and project groups and will interact on a regular basis with external parties such as regulators, auditors, industry associations and internal parties such as treasury colleagues, compliance and risk departments, systems specialists, group regulatory functions and local entity management with front line regulator liaison.
The role will also provide technical support to a team of regulatory reporting production professionals that are based in Manchester and Chennai (India). In addition the job holder will responsible for driving change in order to meet new requirements and improve the process efficiency and control.Key responsibilities: Review, analysis and sign off UK regulatory returns
- Oversight of the Prudential and Statistical reporting and monitoring process to UK regulators, ensuring accurate, compliant and timely reporting
- Analysis of changes and providing insight into the drivers and business impact
- Review and give input to capital and liquidity stress testing and updates for the ICAAP and ILAA, including ad hoc forecasting
- Oversight of investment firm capital adequacy, liquidity and large exposures calculations
- Relevant MI process and reporting of KPI’s for the UK regulated entities
- Oversight of reconciliations and preparation and commentary on variances, including liaison with the business, and reporting on explanations for movements.
Working with the EMEA Regulatory Head to support drive change
- Identify and analyse the impact off upcoming regulatory reporting requirements and how they will impact the UK entities with particular focus on Liquidity Reporting and monitoring and IM firm Regulatory Reporting
- Work with the project team(s) as the UK Prudential and Statistical Regulatory Reporting SME.
- Ensure UK Prudential and Statistical regulatory reporting and monitoring changes are included in the overall change Plan.
- Ensuring that the Regulatory Reporting Operating model is complied with in all respects as it relates to UK Prudential and Statistical Reporting and monitoring
- Ensuring Entity Boards, Exco’s and management committees and entuty SMF’s are provided with advice, briefings on new regulation and MIS to effectively execute their responsibilities
- Provide advice and support to Business lines assessing the impact of new products and changes in use of products as well as acquisitions, divestures and material client onboarding.
- Business advice on all regulatory reporting matters, including the regulatory impact of M&A projects, group legal entity restructuring and other projects
- A key contact point and relationship manager with BNY Mellon Group functions and external auditors on UK regulatory issues
- Provision of guidance and implementation process for CAP/GAAP changes
- Work with Treasury to implement liquidity and capital management policies for Banking entities and related companies
- Ensure compliance with relevant Group policies and the structure of the operating model
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
- Significant experience and commercial awareness in the Financial Services industry
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Strong leader with proven record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision maker, responsible and accountable
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated and results focused
- Able to manage risk in a highly regulated and controlled environment
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
- Highly motivated, fast learning and proactive with an ability for problem solving
- Qualified accountant with a number of years post qualification experience
- Significant years of experience in the Financial Services industry particularly Banking
- Significant regulatory reporting experience
- Staff management
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national/functional organisation.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 85072
Requisition Number: 1918541