Sr. Specialist Developer – Informatica
The Successful candidate will have a proven track record as a self-starter, will be equally at home working as a team member with peers and junior team members. Candidate will also be an independent contributor on moderate to large projects. Candidate will have strong analytical skills and delivers quality results on complex Informatica implementations with a minimum of post implementation issues.. Candidate will also contribute to architectural design and implementation, both as part of the team and as an independent contributor. Candidate will have a proven record of introducing new and innovative solutions to issues such as web service integration, code management, deployment and automation.
Participate as a key member of the investment data integration
team to install, configure, and program ETL workflows and associated
components per business requirements.
- Analyze and resolve daily workflow cycle issues.
- Optimize and automate existing ETL workflows.
- Provide guidance in the utilization of development techniques and tools to management and staff members promoting a high standard of execution.
- Coordinate with an offshore team to deliver client requirements as needed.
- Provide occasional off-hours support as needed.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Informatica Power Center – minimum 5 years’ experience in Informatica with 3+ years as a Lead developer. Version 10.x preferred.
- Informatica administration experience preferred
- SQL - Must have - 5+ years of experience, DB2 preferred
- Proven SQL tuning and optimization skills preferred.
- SQL Server, Oracle experience a plus.
- Windows platform management experience - 2 years
- GIT/Ansible/Harness knowledge a plus
- Financial or Investment Business experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills in both Informatica implementation and System Architecture concepts are a must.
- Proven skills related to resolving Informatica coding issues in complex coding scenarios
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1918542