The Bank of New York Mellon is a provider of investment services and investment management and we are a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.
BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology-based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
The Country Technology Lead works as an integral part of Asia Pacific Technology team acting as the Technology escalation contact for the branch ensuring service availability, managing technology risks and providing excellent end user experience. Working in close partnership with the businesses and the regional and global Technology teams.
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and resolve Country technology related escalations focused on delivering consistent customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Participates in regular meetings with various Business Units in Japan to discuss the status of services and to ensure all agreed SLAs and reporting requirements are met.
- Act as the Technology point of contact for robust technology risk and control support and engagement activities on technical incidents / risk / controls matters with the aim of reducing risk and increasing resiliency in operational processes.
- Identify technology risk (e.g. End of Life) proactively and addresses through a structured delivery plan along with the regional service owners.
- Serve as onsite point of contact for implementing the Technology Control Framework at the branch level.
- Technology representative on behalf of the branch for Compliance and Regulatory engagement supporting internal/external audits, reviews, reporting submissions, assessments, requirements and readiness.
- Technology representative for Japan in the Tech Advisory Group and Japan Oversight Committee meetings.
- Works closely with the Cyber Technology Operations Center (CTOC) to ensure any business impacting issues are escalated and managed promptly in order to minimize the impact on service quality.
- Coordinate with various Business Units in Japan and Enterprise Resiliency Office during major incidents to effectively identify and assess business impact.
- Smart hands support as and when required.
- Responsible for business / stakeholder engagement and communication for all major incidents in APAC together with the other country leads.
- Responsible for raising Business Impact records for each major incident impacting APAC.
- Determines gaps and improvement areas for a major incident impacting Japan and provides inputs to the Problem Management team as part of RCA.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10+ years of technical and management experience required
- Proficiency in English and Japanese is a must
- Hands-on project delivery experience in MS365 and Win 10 is an advantage
- A self-motivator who has solid track record of local and regional delivery in a global organization
- Prior experience in dealing with Compliance and Japan Regulators on technical incidents / risk / controls matters is an advantage
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is an advantage
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60263
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1918662