This position involves a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to: developing new models and code related to counterparty and/or market risk, debugging and backtesting models, maintaining existing code, validating existing models, documenting models and procedures, writing code to benchmark pricing, performing analysis to support CCAR/DFAST submissions, generating new regulatory risk reports, running third-party software to support business-as-usual requests, and supporting traders and other areas of risk by performing ad-hoc analyses and answering questions.
The Senior Specialist (Financial Modeling Analyst) will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide modeling programs, dedicated to a specific area of the business. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
The role will be to execute corporate-wide standards for model development.
• The incumbent will work in Counterparty Risk Modeling and Analytics and will also be involved with Market Risk Modeling and Pricing.
• The incumbent will be responsible for identifying problems that can be solved by the application of financial theory and building models which improve the firm's operations.
• Execute corporate-wide standards for model development by creating options for theoretical frameworks, collecting data needed, supporting assumptions, and reviewing outcomes.
• Work will align to the development scope established by more senior colleagues. Support the validation of models.
• The incumbent is expected to provide testing and analysis at the request of Model Risk Management. Support the use of models.
• The incumbent is expected to execute models in accordance with approval conditions and communicate results to management.
• The incumbent will be responsible for performance monitoring of models, identifying possible deterioration by comparing outcomes to established thresholds.
• No formal supervisory responsibility.
• Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work.
• Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including mathematics, physics, quantitative finance, computer science, statistics, engineering, or economics.
• The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
• 2-5 years of experience.
• Must have experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as Object-Oriented Python, C/C++, C#, R, MATLAB, Java, VBA, SQL) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
• Must be extremely focused, detail oriented, results oriented and highly productive.
• Must have a proven track record of being able to efficiently and effectively conduct independent research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
• The candidate must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language.
What we can offer you:
• Full time contract of employment
• Competitive salary
• Health & Life Insurance
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
• Pension scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
• Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
• A collaborative culture and great teams
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85358
Organization: LIBOR QFC-HR11868
Requisition Number: 1918719