Sr.Group Manager, Appl Development->> Manages multiple application development projects for one or several business segments, including all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.. Works collaboratively with business partners on technology solutions that have a significant revenue or cost impact, oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems and identifies resource requirements to ensure 'best practice' development techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business. Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems. Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Manages and forecasts operating budget within the approved plan.Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple development teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Are you looking to challenge yourself and take your leadership skills to the next level? Do you believe that you can bring the best out of a team of exceptional engineers that is redefining the way we approach Testing and Automation?
Does the world of containers and associated technologies excite you?
Do you want to define new ways to improve product quality and reduce time to market? Does solving complex automation challenges spanning multiple technologies bring the best out of you?
Do you want to challenge the traditional way of thinking with innovative ideas for better outcomes? f the answer to the above questions is YES, then you are absolutely in the right place.
- Must be a Strategic Thinker and come up with innovative solutions to solve complex technological and non-technical challenges
- Experience managing a team of exceptional engineers and engineering leads
- Must be able to attract and retain exceptional talent and build a world class Quality Engineering team
- Expert in managing all phases of Software development life cycle with emphasis on quality testing
- Must be able to deliver high quality, robust, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions within the agreed upon time frame
- Experience in simplifying, optimizing & modernizing testing by leveraging smart skills, processes, tools & platforms
- Experience working in an Agile & Waterfall SDLC
- Must have deep knowledge of various testing methodologies, QE terminology and processes.
- Must be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to develop strong and effective working partnerships with functions like Product, App Dev, Analyst, Devops, Teck Risk, Architecture
- Must be able to effectively communicate with different teams in an integrated environment
- Must be quick to grasp new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work
- Must be able to demonstrate both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must have Financial Domain Experience especially in the areas of Custody, Treasury, Corporate Trust, Corporate Payments, Post Trade Settlements, Broker Dealer Services, Securities
- Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Object Oriented Programming Languages, Data Structures and Design Patterns - Preferably Java
- Proficient in Scripting Languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy
- Proficient working in a Linux/Unix based Environment
- Proficient in using open source test automation frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Rest Assured
- Proficient in using BDD frameworks like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow and Serenity BDD
- Proficient in Testing Automation with Web Apps, APIs, Message Queues, DBs
- Proficient in Testing Main Frames Systems, Win Forms Apps, Silverlight Apps, Messaging Queues, ETL Systems
- Proficient in Performance Testing with tools like JMeter, Fiddler, Dynatrace
- Experience working with CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
- Experience working with DevOps Tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Prometheus, Nomad
- Experience working with multiple cloud providers like AWS, Azure & GCP
- Experience working with Relational & NOSQL DBs like SQL Server, Oracle DB, MongoDB
- Experience working with monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace
- Experience working with Log Aggregation Tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic
- Experience working with Reporting Tools like Tableau, Grafana
- Experience with Mobile Application Testing & Mobile Test Automation
- Experience with testing Data Warehouse Systems
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45331
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture And Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1918804