SDM (Securities Data Management) is a centralised global utility that supports the NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations.
SDM encompasses five primary functions: 2 pricing teams including pricing on exchange traded assets & fixed income securities and Fund of Fund pricing. We also have a corporate action’s processing team and a security master maintenance team.
We are a centre of excellence in the Global Securities Operations space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process.
Common to all roles:
- As a professional with a global reach, you will be expected to drive your own development and that of those around you by maintaining high standards of performance as you carry out your role.
- Successful candidate will act as oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
- Display initiative by suggesting improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients. Use your qualifications and experience to add value to a global centre of excellence.
- You will require an ability to work within a tight, deadline driven environment. This will involve maintaining an attention to detail and ability to make decisions without missing agreed deadlines.
- Work as part of a project team managing the take-on of new clients. This will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc.
- A range of other project/process development/internal & external training initiatives.
- Monitor daily processes ensuring staff complete as per agreed guidelines and procedures. Ensure outstanding issues are followed up on a regular basis and kept to a minimum.
- Coordinate the completion of work within the team and ensure the team meets internal and external deliverables.
- Provide accurate asset pricing of all exchange traded assets & fixed income securities held on multiple Fund Accounting platforms.
- Perform daily checking of foreign exchange rates, manual price input, price exception validation, mark to market pricing and stale price review for a variety of clients
Fund of Fund Pricing and Fund Income:
- Complete and review pricing and fund income events of Fund of Fund assets, manual price or distribution rate input and exception validation review for a variety of clients.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all Fund of Fund vehicles managed by the team, and compile, monitor and update all Fund of Fund income data for clients on the Fund Accounting system.
- Accurately create newly traded financial instruments and maintain existing instruments on the Fund Accounting platform, using the latest security master market vendor information.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all listed security types – equities, bonds, derivatives & money market instruments.
- Operational experience working in a team environment, with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, initiative and time management skills.
- History of staff development, leading and motivating team members within a pressurised environment.
- Ideal candidate would have between 2-3 years’ working in finance industry and experience of leading / managing a team would be advantageous
- History of driving and encouraging process improvements and efficiencies.
- Keeps current on key regulatory, economic, social, and political trends throughout the world and their potential impact on the business.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70127
Organization: Securities Data Management-HR07081
Requisition Number: 1918870