- With minimal guidance, responds to phone and email inquiries from multiple mutual fund shareholders regarding, among others, financial transactions, account information or processing a transaction.
- Handles moderately complex requests to make updates to client accounts or instructs clients on how to make somewhat complex account changes.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members and reviews their work for accuracy.
- Answers phones and responds to shareholder emails.
- Immediately addresses the majority of client inquiries and rarely requires a hand-off for assistance.
- Follows the Good Order Matrix call outline when addressing, leading and closing standard calls and to ensure that the most current information is provided.
- Follows internal quality standards, the current workflow for each call type (Maintenance, Financial and Escalated issue), and security protocols. Completes security forms in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- May also be responsible for some moderately complex, non-standard calls.
- Actively listens to shareholder needs in order to provide service that ensure continued shareholder satisfaction and complete, accurate fulfillment of shareholder asks.
- Analyzes and determines which inquiries should be escalated to the Problem Resolution Team or will necessitate completion of an electronic ticket.
- Escalates inquiries or completes tickets to initiate delivery of historical statements or pass forms to shareholders as requested.
- Completes standard security protocol to verify shareholder identity and prevent fraud prior to releasing information.
- Is building awareness of common indicators of fraud.
- Accepts feedback and coaching and proactively adjust own management of call flows in response to feedback.
- Is able to work in a very structured environment.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Agents as needed.
- Responsibilities mainly pertain to own conduct, accuracy and efficiency when handling interactions with stakeholders via phone or email.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Customer service experience in the financial service market preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to comply with policies and understand financial regulatory environment.
- Must also demonstrate ability to coach others.
- Fluency in another language preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70581
Organization: Transfer Agency Operation EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1918940