For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of Investment Services and Investment Management and our businesses support a full range of stakeholders of the financial system, including:
- Serving as custodian of over $31 trillion in financial assets for the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
Operations and Shared Technology sits within the larger Technology organization and owns core services as well as the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon’s products and services are delivered to our clients and internal business operations teams. We provide Custody, Cash and Settlement services, run the enterprise digital platform and associated shared services, oversee the technologies behind our Alternative Investments and Subaccounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients – and us – more efficient. Our world-class engineers build solutions with an ‘empathy first’ principle: we believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users and partners – and that the more imbedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The Engineering Services Group (ESG) provides internal technology consulting services through an EaaS (Engineering as a Service) function across all business lines, and champions operational efficiency thru Lean Agile and DevOps adoption across the Technology organization. ESG is focused on rapid delivery leveraging best in breed methodologies, technologies, tools, and techniques. Delivery Model:
- The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platforms
- All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
- We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
- The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
- Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
- Passionate Java and Angular developers with strong people and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, yet independent team players who are comfortable leaving their comfort zones and thinking creatively
- Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineers who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
- Strong technologists with a preference towards developing their technical skills in cloud- and microservices-oriented architectures
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
- Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
- A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
- No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1918968