As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
Technology Architect – Cloud, this role is a leadership and management position provides senior-level consulting on complex and highly critical architecture issues. You will drive the technology vision for BNY Mellon that proactively propels business change and rewards technical excellence. You'll drive simplification efforts throughout the organization by leveraging architecture concepts. You'll lead enterprise architecture governance and policies and standards for use within the organization. You'll participate in strategic planning and consulting. You'll be responsible for managing multiple, complex development projects, often global in scope. You will hold responsibilities and strong leadership skills to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place for assigned application development group.
- Drives and leads architecture strategy. Ensures the architectural consistency and alignment of technology solutions to business and technical roadmaps.
- Leads strategic direction of other architects throughout the enterprise.
- Provides thought leadership on emerging technologies and enterprise platform investments to senior leadership, architects and developers. Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies
- Leads research, development and implementation of highly complex, enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools.
- Champion an innovative mindset across Information Services
- Provide technical and strategic input during the project planning phase in the form of technical architectural designs and recommendations
- Identify implementation risks and potential impacts
- Provide internal client relationship management. Maintain overall accountability for results and client satisfaction.
Fellow Architect, Infrastructure->> Leads the effort in shaping and executing on the organization's infrastructure strategy. Researches, develops and implements infrastructure architecture strategy to improve services to various LOBs. Serves as a lead in developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Identifies business opportunities and executes on the infrastructure architecture road map strategy showing perceptible business value. Consults and advises application development groups on strategic solution architecture design. Attends technology conferences and works with vendors to understand the feasibility of future plans. Advises the architecture steering council on matters related to infrastructure architecture. Advises on M&A work and creates executive summaries. Evaluates the current technology foot print and develops an Infrastructure Architecture Target State and road map, comprising of storage, network, platform and data center strategies. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Operations objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 15 + years of infrastructure architecture experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 15 + years of infrastructure architecture experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable in performance considerations for complex, distributed environments and aware of industry benchmarks for multiple technology environments.
- 5+ years of management experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, Middleware, Micro-services, Web services, API’s, Application development platforms, High Availability designs and technologies
- Broad experience and solid theoretical foundation on architecture principals and execution.
- Strong synthesis and presentation skills. Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences’
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45030
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture And Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 2000179