As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
Operations and Shared Tech (OST) owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon’s products and services are delivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. We provide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM’s digital platform (NEXEN) along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio for Alternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operational transformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient. OST’s world-class engineers build solutions with an ‘empathy first’ principle. We believe that our products and services are superior when we know our clients, users, and partners – and that the more embedded we are with them and the more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise.
The OST Production Services Team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
As a Support Analyst within our Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) Production Services team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and operations of core software applications. This includes ensuring functionality of applications are aligned with the organization’s priorities and enabling team is responsible for application support, incident, problem, change, and SCM. Our team will work closely with the application development organization on the implementation of changes to production and will be responsible for ongoing operations of the production applications.Key Responsibilities:
- Individual is responsible for the Production Support, Deployment & Migration, and Maintenance for BNYM applications are aligned with the organizations.
- Good Knowledge on UNIX / Linux / Windows/ Mainframe platforms, which includes verifying the availability infrastructure functionality.
- Ability to analyze applications & databases hosted on the servers
- Responsible for all Wellness Checks, and if any issues, serve as a primary driver to resolution.
- Priority assessment, incident Investigation & diagnosis, execute Knowledge Base triage steps in standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Ability to troubleshoot issues delving into root cause efforts and ability to handle disparate types of client inquiries.
- Communication skills backed up with strong technical knowledge.
- Self-motivated ability to do multi-tasking, where the individual has to handle multiple application requests from various sources.
- Tooling experience with MoogSoft, CloudProber, AppDynamics, GIT, Jenkins, ServiceNow.
- Ability to maintain service uptime and MTTM / MTTR targets as service level agreements.
- Provide technical support for the applications, understanding their data flow and end user interfaces. Ability to perform deep dives into issues and have an ability to diagnose and resolve application and/or escalate to ensure optimal performance.
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation, works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support, Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Broad technology experience including UNIX, Windows, and mainframe application development or support.
- Experience in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management foundations.
- Experience supporting mission critical platforms, operation and applications.
- Excellent communication skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45142
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 2000211