Full Stack Principal Software Engineer – Middle Office Technology
Experienced full stack developer to work within agile software development practice delivering financial software globally. In this role, you will be not only be designing and coding, but mentoring other developers to help build a world class software engineering capability within the Middle Office Technology Group.
Job responsibilities and opportunities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments when necessary as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
- Help the tech management team shape best practices for developing, sharing and continuously improving our software platform.
- Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology teams as needed for end to end service delivery.
- Consult and collaborate with internal business partners to construct and execute on our service delivery strategy and ensure compliance with the firm’s delivery and regulatory standards.
- Active participation in open source community with contributions to one or more projects, with code available for inspection.
- Expertise in test driven and behavior driven development
- At least 3 years of experience with agile software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of orchestration of microservices in an elastic container-based cloud environment
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
· 10-12 years of experience in software engineering required in any modern software development platform including Java, C# or Python, but strong preference given to Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience.
Our current stack includes Ruby, Rails, Active Record, RSpec, Cucumber and Docker. We use both Postgres and Oracle as our RDBMS and IBM WMQ and Rabbit MQ for messaging. For the UI were using AngularJS, React and Bootstrap CSS and our tool stack includes GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA and Confluence.
Sr. Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide highly advanced application software development services or technical support. Consults to IT and business managers on issues, questions and problems related to his/her area of expertise. Accountable for resolving highly complex problems that have impact on the corporation's ability to conduct business. Uses in-depth knowledge of various technologies to establish and influence implementation of broad-based technology strategy for large IT Divisions. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and identifies potential use of new and existing technology within lines of business by participating in industry-wide conferences and research and by using in-depth knowledge of various business areas. Educates business leaders and prepares presentations for the business on IT strategies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of Application Development objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 12+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 12+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45220
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 2000260