BNY Mellon is the world’s largest investment company. We serve exceptional clients, many of the world’s leading investors. They rely on us to connect to opportunities in hundreds of markets across 35 countries. We’re the custodians for over 20% of the world’s assets. Come join the Java Platform Engineering (JPE) team that manages the entire Java Strategy for BNY Mellon. As a Senior Developer on the team you’ll be enabling BNY Mellon engineers to develop the systems that make many of the world’s financial markets possible.
· Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
· Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
· Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
· Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
· Contributes to defining time tables and project plans.
· Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
· Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
· Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
· Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
8+ years hands-on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-level Java-based applications.
In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks
Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
Strong passion for technology and ability to learn and adapt quickly to complex environments
Experience interacting with and supporting end users.
Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment.
Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Experience in the securities or financial services industry.
A belief in communicating openly, listening to others' ideas, and collaborating to arrive at great solutions.
A mindset of continuous learning – from other people, from the web, from user group.
Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and thorough understanding of virtualization technologies.
Exhibits knowledge/expertise with multiple development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and full SDLC in a large enterprise wide environment
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture And Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 2000360