BNY Mellon is seeking a policy program officer to join the Policy Governance Office (PGO). The PGO sits within the Risk & Compliance (R&C) Strategy function reporting into the BNY Mellon Chief Risk Officer (CRO). The Head of Policy Governance leads the PGO, which has a mandate to govern and manage the framework and full lifecycle of Corporate Policies globally across all areas of the firm.
The PGO develops engagement strategies, sets standards and expectations for managing corporate policies across the enterprise, and partners on cross-function interactions in all stages of policy development, maintenance and administration. It also manages the various governance processes, establishing appropriate programs and communications protocols to ensure transparency across the enterprise.
The R&C Strategy function works closely with the leadership team to lead the organization’s strategic priorities. These include setting the strategic vision for Risk & Compliance in alignment with the broader BNY Mellon strategy, driving high priority global programs on behalf of the CRO, and leading risk culture and employee engagement initiatives. The team will lead an inter-disciplinary portfolio of risk management and compliance programs that focus on organization design, processes, controls, and risk culture. Policy Governance is an important pillar of the development and execution of these strategic changes. The team provides exceptional developmental opportunities for high potential candidates who have a consulting mindset and can execute effectively.
We are seeking a seasoned business professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Good judgement, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and the ability to operate independently are
essential to the role. The successful candidate will manage against a diverse range of responsibilities and must be able to collaborate with others in a matrixed environment to deliver on deadline-driven assignments.The position is located at BNY Mellon corporate headquarters in New York City or Pittsburgh. Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the PGO and support efforts to develop, implement, and enhance firm policy governance controls, including planning, analysis, integration and measurement of policy framework enhancement projects
- Support ongoing development, maintenance and evolution and implementation of policies and standards by partnering with firm functions and business units stakeholders, using sound change management disciplines
- Assist with the articulation of governance processes and controls to satisfy policy, legal and regulatory requirements, and in support of the PGO target-operating model.
- Support the definition of the policies framework/taxonomies and identification of thematic linkages with other firm-wide taxonomies to drive more robust and reconciled data, analytics and reporting
- Deliver against implementation roadmaps, socializing PGO minimum standards, escalating issues and drive decisions needed
- Partner with other policy and procedures owners with upstream and/or downstream impact to the policies framework (e.g., data retention, issues management, change management, etc.) to help ensure continued alignment and connectivity
- Optimize business processes to help ensure process effectiveness and efficiency
- Work closely and effectively with Policy Governance Head to keep her informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follows- through on projects to successful completion;
- Monitor, screen and conduct initial research on the various communications and requests addressed to the Group Head and, both autonomously and in collaboration with others, meet deadlines and deliverable
- Work with subject matter experts in the Group to prepare management information and other content for presentations to be used by the Group Head
- Support the PGO in administering the Policy Program and educating stakeholders around the globe on policy governance matters, including general procedures and the policy management system of record
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degrees in relevant areas of study (i.e. JD or MBA) preferred
- 8+ years of compliance/risk management experienc
- Program management, communication, stakeholder management, negotiating, and influencing experience with demonstrated ability to effectively drive accountability and get results
- An interest in and ideally some experience with global legal and regulatory, risk and compliance
- Experience drafting documents, including reviewing and editing
- Experience in process and control mapping methodologies
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working with minimal supervision to multitask and manage workload to completion
- Experience working as part of a global, cross-functional team and working with all levels
- Excellent judgement and utmost integrity and objectivity, with demonstrated commitment to upholding high standards
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across all
- levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Ability to synthesize complex information to derive and communicate actionable insights
- Ability to work as a team player and be hands-on to deliver effectively and efficiently
- Comfortable working in amorphous environments and defining implementation actions
- Strong PC and documentation skills, e.g., MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to acquire new skills and apply these in challenging environments
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Risk and Compliance policies and programs
- Policy management experience, including drafting/reviewing policy documents
- Experience with technology development (e.g. workflow tools or policy lifecycle management platforms)
- Experience in Financial Services sector
- Change management experience
- Process design or improvement experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70703
Requisition Number: 2000453