The External and Regulatory Reporting Sr. Specialist leads the production and quality of the external reporting process, with primary focus on quarterly reports that support the U.S. Capital Rules (Basel III), may also contribute to other reports or data analysis for quantitative impact studies on new regulatory proposals as well. In addition, the Sr. Specialist responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of regulatory reporting best practices and a specialized understanding with the corporate process standards established globally.
- Develops data gathering processes and procedures, supporting analytics, and reporting controls.
- Recognized throughout the organization as the external reporting point of contact for a particular business/business partner areas.
- Gathers and reports accurate and timely financial information for the entire spectrum of the reporting process to external Regulators ensuring accuracy and correctness and transforms data where needed.
- In partnership with management, establishes the regulatory reporting strategy for the business/business partner area and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Leverages complex regulatory reporting techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Designs, builds and drives implementation activities to develop a common end-state reporting process in support of their direct manager and the global process owners.
- Sustains the integrity of the reporting process and addresses highly-complex external reporting matters associated with the process.
- Uses existing strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Liaises with internal and external regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
- Coordinates the delivery of process documentation, training content, and will advocate for continuous improvement of work processes.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role.
- No direct reports. Oversees, advises and guides less experienced External Reporting roles and may direct their work.
- Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the external reporting management needs of a particular business/business partner area. However, tasks often produce cross-regional impacts. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
QualificationsBachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of experience in regulatory reporting preferred. Experience in external reporting and/or internal audit preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85077
Requisition Number: 2001138