The Equity Business Development &
Strategy team is responsible for delivering a holistic view of BNY Mellon’s
Pershing execution capabilities and value proposition to clients and prospects.The associate will contribute to
the growth of the global equity business (low-touch/high touch U.S. and Foreign
Equity), Options, and Foreign Exchange, with a focus on Electronic
Trading. The individual will perform business development
functions as well as lead initiatives and projects to enhance the client
experience, promote revenue growth, and increase efficiencies:
Gathers client execution requirements to assess appropriate execution tools, services and resources Pershing can provide
Identifies and manages a pipeline of prospects from initial conversation through pricing, onboarding and first-trade date
· Independently develops the strategic plan for managing existing client relationships, identifying opportunities to evolve client business for incremental growth
Conducts frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with services/product offerings. Continuously evaluates client’s needs and ensures sustained client engagement
Develops, tracks and reports on relationship strategy and results for clients. Contributes to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards, and road maps
Manages projects and initiatives to deliver enhanced solutions and capabilities resulting in increased revenue and client satisfaction
Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, competition, the marketplace, and client needs to drive growth and maximize profitability
No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed
· 10 to 12 years of equity electronic trading business development / relationship management experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of global equity algorithmic trading strategies, equity market microstructure, trading regulations and industry trends, trading workflow , and trading analytics. Knowledge of options and foreign exchange a plus
· Experience presenting execution capabilities to heads of trading and C-level associates at client and prospect firms
· Ability to work collaboratively with various teams internally and externally (e.g. trading, technology, legal, compliance, credit risk, etc.)
· Clear communication skills, strong writing and interpersonal skills, and outstanding work ethic
· Must be proactive and demonstrate ownership and initiative taking
· Ability to multi-task, good organizational and time management capabilities
· Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Power Point and Excel
· Securities Industry Essentials Exam (SIE), Series 7 and Series 63 registrations required
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 2001207